Can't see Sonic Adventure 2 on Chankast

I have Chankast alpha 0.25, and I downloaded the dc-scene.net version of SA2, and when I start it up, I can't see the game, only hear the sounds. All I get is at the start, this black swirl (I think it's the DC logo), it disappears, and from then on, black screen. I don't get an error message or anything, but I can't play the game if I can't SEE it. Do I need a better video card (I only have the stock one which came with the desktop board, but it works fine on things like Sonic Adventure DX, and I have all other system requirements covered), or is it a problem with the game?

Jale

There's a known issue with this game which crashes on both Chankast and NullDC. Maybe it's because the game is an Echelon release.

spotanjo3

Only way to do that is to dump your own or download one that is not an Echelon release which I do not have because mine is a clean dump. Google is your best bet. :)

Well, OK, I'll try a different version, but like I said: the emulator doesn't crash, I just can't see anything, only hear the sounds.

spotanjo3

Google? :confused: :biglaugh:

I don't get my shit from Google.

Yeah, there is a clean dump available if you know where to find it. Yeah, dump it on your own is better if you own the dreamcast games and I don't have one because I do not like most dreamcast games.. only a few.

Anyway, yeah... There is a clean dump. This emulator is fussy and can run a clean dump better. My friend sent me a link to get this clean dump and I decide to try to use the google just for a test and yes, it's there if you knew the name... Almost unthinkable word to find. :)

Last edited:

Billeh8808

RockmanForte, could you please send me the link to the clean dump version. i cannot find a single one out there....it's really annoying.

spotanjo3

I don't usually send it to anybody through aim for this file is too large and therefore I do not know you and I don't share it at all expect to my friends I knew. It is best for you to use the google.com and find it yourself if you don't mind but thanks for asking. It is the only way to do it because I did that. :)

Edit: What is nullDC version do you use ? If you have nullDC 1.0.0 Beta 1.5 then update it to 1.0.0 Beta 1.6. :)

Last edited:
Dude, the basic rule is that you cannot even hint or suggest any forums of pirarcy... rom trading... and etc. You might wanna change ur post :p Sorry, I'm a big fan of protecting websites. Seen several go down from simple stuff :p

TheBlue10

I have the same problem,and im wonderking how to fix this :unsure: Hmmm.So,if someone knows how to fix this,please send me a Message.And no,i wont use NullDC because the sound is horrable and i have tryied alot of times to fix it,and expect that,its slow.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
No need to bump near 7 year old posts. Just reference them. If you can't post links just do it as text.

As to the problem, you have a bad dumped image file. You need to try and redump the game. If you dont own the game and downloaded the file from the net its considered piracy. We dont support that here sorry... So the only thing we can prescribe is trying to re dump the game ( and buy it if you dont have it ). That or hope someone that has it, and contacts you via pm.

Last edited: