Danmthny732

im using Z Snes W as my emulator

but when i play super mario RPG i get a few problems

when i open my equip menu the game freezes up on me

when i go to fight croco after i leave mushroom kingdom it freezes up on me

anyone got any ideas?

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Never had that problem.... What version are you running of ZSNES? Also, video card & PC specs might help. ;) I ran the emulator and game on a PI 246 w/ a 4mb card, so probably not the issue here with speed.

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Well, worked fine on my PI 246, like I said, though used Windows 98 and now 2000, but doesn't work on other OS as I heard. Not sure what PC your using, but not sure what to tell ya. Need more info pal. ;)

Jale

The first time I ran this game was on a Pentium MMX 166 MHz and 16 MB of RAM. Of course it ran at 5-10 FPS, but no crashes at all.

If you still want to stick with ZSNESW, try version 1.46.

spotanjo3

Better off stick with SNES9X 1.51 because it have a higher compabilities than ZSNESW. The SNES9X 1.51 works fine with this game. ZSNESW 1.46 works fine but I don't go back to older version and I delete ZSNESW and it is good for Rom hacking so I am stick with SNES9X 1.51 since it runs many and many games better than ZSNESW 1.51. Some games do not run at all in ZSNESW 1.46 and some run better in ZSNESW 1.51 so it is annoying. You are better off stick to SNES9X 1.51 with this game just fine and many many games as well. :D I am loving SNES9X 1.51. I use ZSNES for rom hacking sometimes only. :)

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Not a fan of SNES9x, seems too much like VBA, since I hate windowed emulators and can't go completely full-screen. ZSNES has more features and one I would pick the most, but then again, everyone has their own opinions. ;)

spotanjo3

Not a fan of SNES9x, seems too much like VBA, since I hate windowed emulators and can't go completely full-screen. ZSNES has more features and one I would pick the most, but then again, everyone has their own opinions. ;)

Yeah, but some snes games do not run zsnes at all. Snes9x does. Remember, I test alots and found that snes9x is the best one and higher compabilities. Yes, it can go to full screen if you know where to look at. Mine is full screen perfectly like zsnes.

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Hey, we could argue, but I like "scan-line" effects, makes it looks sharp and almost like the original consol. You like SNES9x and I like ZSNES, though played and tested almost every game there is, didn't get to rent a lot of them back when, though back on the release in 2003, and worked just fine, though not sure if the new version is the same, but kept my old version too, just incase. Anyway, happy emulating pal. ;) Don't want to see this guy hanging around: :fuckyou: HA HA! :p

EDIT: That guy would be "BANNED" on my community. Actually: "BEHEADED" MWHAHAHAHAHA! :p

Last edited:

Jale

Snes9x can go full-screen :confused:

spotanjo3

Hey, we could argue, but I like "scan-line" effects, makes it looks sharp and almost like the original consol. You like SNES9x and I like ZSNES, though played and tested almost every game there is, didn't get to rent a lot of them back when, though back on the release in 2003, and worked just fine, though not sure if the new version is the same, but kept my old version too, just incase. Anyway, happy emulating pal. ;) Don't want to see this guy hanging around: :fuckyou: HA HA! :p

EDIT: That guy would be "BANNED" on my community. Actually: "BEHEADED" MWHAHAHAHAHA! :p

Who is that guy ? *SHOCK*

ZSNES's appearing is ugly and it is dos looking and that is why I hate it. SNES9X's appearing is better but most important is that it have a HIGHER COMPABILITY games. :)

Last edited:

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Who is that guy ? *SHOCK*

ZSNES's appearing is ugly and it is dos looking and that is why I hate it. SNES9X's appearing is better but most important is that it have a HIGHER COMPABILITY games. :)

Who is that guy? It's Wal-Mart's other mascot ya don't see: The "Roll Up Man" whom jacks up prices and deletes crap off of shelves. His younger bro: "Roll Back Man" runs like hell when he sees him. :p

Well, I like the "DOS" look. I grew up using it and love it. Remember having a 486 laptop years ago with "DOS Shell". It makes me feel at home. ZSNES and SNES9x are both compatible with the same amount of games just not PCs (OS wise). ;) If you want, we could argue by PM, but we're going off topic here. I'm famous for that, had my own community and did the same. We started one subject and it turned into 50 different ones. :p

Thanks for the argument, now take care pal. ;)

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Ahh! I see. Yeah, them. I hate them about that, lol.

Nah, no argument right now. You have your own taste and I have my own taste. That's understandable. :D

flamingo24

Sui Generis Avis
this is a known problem in zsnes; the issue is a timing problem with the SA chip emulation; so the game will spontaneously freeze. there is more information on this in the zsnes forums posted by the dev team. atm I prefer Snes9x, since v1.51 there have been many improvements’ and special chip emulation seems to be more complete then zsnes. even partially emulates a chip zsnes doesn’t (seta risc).

spotanjo3

this is a known problem in zsnes; the issue is a timing problem with the SA chip emulation; so the game will spontaneously freeze. there is more information on this in the zsnes forums posted by the dev team. atm I prefer Snes9x, since v1.51 there have been many improvements’ and special chip emulation seems to be more complete then zsnes. even partially emulates a chip zsnes doesn’t (seta risc).

Thank you... You got it!

See, everybody ? :p