All I want is to play Chrono Cross...that's all

sillypieman

Okay...so I got a sudden urge to play Chrono Cross today, so I popped it in my PS2 after playing Kingdom Hearts 2. Hmm..."Disc read error?" So I thought maybe it was dirty...I cleaned it...it didn't help. I put in another PS1 game...it didn't work. So apparently my PS2 can do PS2 games fine...but can't do PS1 games. I should also add that this is my SECOND PS2 <_<

So I remembered that I used to have a PS1 emulator on an old computer that worked, so I searched for emulators, got ESPXe or whatever it's called. I got some plugins and all, and I put in Chrono Cross. And YAY! it was working!!...but then I realized it was going really fast and that it froze when I did New Game. So I searched online, found that a lot of people have this problem so I tried what they said...then that broke the emulator and I couldn't use it anymore. So I got the 1.52 version or whatever cuz they said it works best on that one...I couldn't get that one to work...so I put version 1.6 on there again...that was more broke than it was originally. So now I can't even get the emulators to work...my PS2 is breaking...it's 3 a.m....I'm grumpy and mad at Sony....

So here's what I want: I want someone to give me step-by-step instructions (treat me like I don't know anything...cuz I don't lol) on how I can play Chrono Cross on my computer. Tell me what emulator, which plugins, etc. I honestly don't really want to play any other PS1 games...all I want to play is Chrono Cross. So tell me what I need to do to have Chrono Cross playing on my PC, with the lowest amount of errors, and the optimal performance on my PC.

Jale

If you only want to play any PlayStation game without having to go trough setup process or you just want to play it right away, you might want pSX.

Solis

Hello sillypieman,

I'm not sure how well This games works on PSXeven_v0.19 But you can try on it because i don't know why epsxe is giving you problems.

Get PSXeven_v0.19

Get GPU

Peopsoft v1.17

Get SPU

Eternal SPU

Get Pad

SSSPAD 1.6

Run PSXeven_v0.19

goto PSXeven>Config>Advanced

Click on the browse button for the bios and select the bios file you have (spch1001 Works Great) This should be under the PSXeven Options Tab

Then click on the Plugin Manager tab. Select the plugins i told you to get.

then Hit ok

noW goto PSXeven>Config>Graphics

Select

*full screen or windowed Resolution Set it @800x600 or higher
*Strecthing = Stretch To Full Window Size
*Dither = Always Dither g-shaded polygons

*Enable FPS Limit
*Enable Autodect FPS
*Enable Show FPS at Start up

Under Options Select

*wait for V-Sync

Now Hit Ok

goto PSXeven>Config>Sound

*Enable Update before accessing the resgistry
*Enable SPU IRQ Wait CPU Action
*Enable SPU IRQ Force Interruption Flag7

hit ok

goto PSXeven>Config>Controller 1

Config the controller.

Hit ok then

Close the Emulator And open it again

Then Run The CD or Iso

Last edited:

sillypieman

"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_26.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I give up.

Memory-sniper

Don't give up I came across that error a few times while trying to get the emulator to work. Heres a great guide for setting up your emulator.

http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/epsxeguide.htm#where

Follow it from begging to end and you'll have a working playstation on your computer in no time :). Some of the links in the guide are dead so you will have to search for some of the files yourself. That's the hardest part because, they are hard to find but they are out there. Thanks to this guide I'm playing final fantasy 7 :)

Last edited:

sillypieman

K, well I fixed the problem with DirectX and all. Now I am downloading plugins for PSX, and I'll see if it runs okay or not. Expect me to be posting in a few minutes lol.

sillypieman

Okay it's working now, but the frame rate is still bad once the game actually starts.

Edit: By bad I mean it's too fast. And yes, I did the Framerate limit thing...still going too fast.

Edit again: Okay, so it did work to limit the frames to a lower number like 40. But it still isn't right...the music seems to be going slow, while the video is still going to fast...it doesn't look anything like it does on the PS2...I really don't like this. I honestly don't understand why there isn't just a simple emulator that isn't impossible to deal with unless you have a PHD in computer science. How come they can do it for all the other systems except for PS?

Also...why can't Sony make products that don't explode after 3 years....<_<.....

Last edited:

sillypieman

Okay I FINALLY got it all lol. Thx a lot for all your help guys...sry I'm such a noob! I do have a minor problem, but I can play without it. I'm posting another thread about that problem...so you all can head on over to THAT one now lol.

Edit: Okay, so apparently I lied lol. How do you fix the slowdown at the beginning, and sometimes throughout, the battles? It seems like I read about this somewhere else, and I think I remember someone saying to do a "-noauto command" which I have no idea what that means or how to do it. I'm not positive that's how they said to fix that though...so yeah.

Last edited:

karshzz

can somebody help me?

I got similar problem, but I'm worse

I can't find GPU and PAD, pls help mee, I want to play chrono cross