how do you play saturn games downloaded

Mikal

i got this game i want to play off the internet but don't know how to use any sega emulater to play it. Do I need to burn it to a dvd?

Spellsong

Gray Mage
First what is your computer specs? You will need a at least mid-range PC to play saturn games with SSF (Best Saturn Emulator?). There are some emulators that work with more low end computers, but there not as good. Looking at there compatibility list.

satnlafsasurot

Hi. I have the same problem. I am using satourne. i have loaded my video, input, sound, and i believe one other plugin.

I have all of the rar files extracted an in a rom/iso folder.

am i missing something....i need to "load saturn binary, right?

then, i am guessing the "play" button should un-grey itself (or make itself clickable).

from there, i should be able to click play, correct?

if i am missing something, please let me know. if i havent included the right details let me know what they are b/c i will be checkin back and forth between games/lives/levels while i play some PJ64, so my response should be pretty timely

thank you
adam

satnlafsasurot

I am now re-reading the whole thread. I realized that you say to use SSF. I have that also, but couldnt get as far as i had in satourne, hence my switch to satourne. i am looking in the options menu of SSF and see a few things that i do not know what to do with. it is asking for a bios...is the bios included with the DL from emulator-zone? I have a TXT BIN and an INI file in the directory....is this one of them, if not, where is the file i need for my bios?

what else do i need to do. i am pretty good with computers so you wont have to dumb it down too much LOL. just tell me how to set up the options menu.... (saturn bios, STV bios, cd drive, cartidge, and area code (im guessing US??)

Last edited:

satnlafsasurot

ok.... i am making small progress...ive read somewhere in another thread that you need mounting software to create a fake cdrom drive so you can mount the ISO in this artificial drive. Now.... i still have no c,lue on the bios and stv bios...i am beginning to think i do not even need an stv bios unless i am loading stv files instead of isos???? is this right?

satnlafsasurot

looks like i figured it out on my own. i found a site with the bios, loaded it. closed SSF, then reopened it and it loaded the saturn clock set screen followed by language screen. looks like the rest is up to me as far as playin the game