Problems with Nestopia using GameLauncher frontend

luxo86

I use my laptop, running Windows XP, to play retro games on my tv via tv-out and I recently found a useful frontend called GameLauncher that i could use to make choosing and running games alot easier. I've configured all my emulators and they work fine except for Nestopia which i use to play NES games.

Whenever I run a nes game a message pops up saying "command line parser error" and I have to click on the "ok" button to continue to my game. This is very annoying when playing games on my TV because I'm sitting away from the laptop and shouldn't need to get up, open the lid, press ok, shut it and sit back down again everytime i want to play a NES game. I know its a command line problem but I can't figure out how to fix it or make the message go away even if I "supress pop up messeges and warnings" in the emulator options.

Also on almost every other NES emulator i just get a black screen even though i can see the emulator is running in the taskbar and in the task manager.

Whats more annoying is that when I run the exact same program, config files and emulator on my Vista PC it works fine!

Has anyone else had issues like this with Gamelauncher or Nestopia? Help is greatly apreciated thanks. :D

luxo86

Ah i've just found a webpage that gives you a script to use that aparently solves the black screen problem. It is aparently caused by game launcher not giving up the screen for some emulators. Problem is I'm still a noob when it comes to things like this and i have no idea what to do with this script:

WinKill,Game Launcher v0.9.8-pre1
RunWait,G:\\tools\\movieplayer.exe,G:\\tools
Run,G:\\glaunch\\glaunch.exe,G:\\glaunch

Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to do with this?

Last edited: