cheats for Lunar Eternal Blue using Gens 32 Surreal?!

mccreary74

I know serious gamers don't respect cheaters, but I'm not a serious gamer. I'm a mom who likes to play video games after the child goes to bed... I'm playing Lunar 2: Eternal Blue and I'm stuck at the Borgan fight. I was ill prepared and saved during the dialogue before the fight. Stupid, I know. I can't back out now and I need some cheats JUST TO GET ME THROUGH THIS FIGHT. I desire to disable them right after. Can anyone help me where to get an max MP cheat for the GENS23 Surreal emulator? I can't seem to find one ANYWHERE!!! :eek:

Spellsong

Gray Mage
Don't worry. I personally cheat in video games (ever since I discovered the game genie), and I say its none of no ones business if they do or not. Its not going to effect those hardcore gamers out there that don't unless its a online game. Enough of that rant.

The reason why there is no cheats for the game is because the Sega CD that is being emulated, does not have any cheat support. So a walkthrough of the fight will be a good alternative.

Taken from

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/segacd/file/587964/5247

BOSS STRATEGIES: BORGAN
IMO, this is the most difficult battle in the game. His Gravity Bomb
spell deals almost 200 HP of damage to every party member (enough to
kill Lemina with one hit if she's at a low level). He's also surrounded
by three orbs, and he is impervious to your attacks until you destroy at
least one of them. The orb in front of Borgan attacks the party
members. The orb behind him casts healing spells on Borgan. The orb to
Borgan's side casts the Magic Shield spell. Whenever his cane is
pointing towards you, Borgan is going to cast a random elemental spell.
And when his arms are stretched out to his side, Borgan's going to cast
Gravity Bomb. Make sure Jean (or Hiro) is equipped with the White
Dragon Crest and have her (or him) cast WD Protect whenever you see that
Borgan's about to use the Gravity Bomb spell. Destroy the orbs first,
then attack Borgan. Have Hiro cast Poe Sword, Ronfar cast Rest Litany
every round, and have Jean use Haduken (if she has the Blue Dragon Crest
equipped, have her cast Blue Dragon Vigor and attack the next round).
Borgan tends to reflect Lemina's attack spells, so she is pretty useless
in this battle. Have Lemina cast Magic Shield, and have her use Silver
Lights or Dover Nuts whenever necessary. Lucia, as usual, contributes
with the occasional attack spell (although Borgan sometimes reflects
these spells too).

mccreary74

I used the SAME walkthrough. I died on my first try, hence my cry for help. Funny thing about the cheats is that there is an option on the emulator to LOAD cheats and to enable them...? Anyway, I adjusted the strategy provided on the walkthrough (Jean did MUCH better just merely punching the lights out of Borgan having many hits being of the critical nature, and conserved MP, thus eliminating my need to give her ANY star or silver lights) and I barely squeaked out a victory. I might have survived a few more rounds before my healing capabilities would cease for lack of MP! Thanks for the reply. All is well, now... :)

mccreary74

Are you familiar with the game? I found that using my precious MP on the white/blue dragon skills a total waste, as well. That saved my butt more than anything.

Ryanfaescotland

Hey have you beaten him yet?

If no I'm pretty sure I can help you out although I may need a day or two to get things sorted.

Basic idea is if you tell me the name of the ROM and send me a copy of your save state then I'll load it up so that my game is at the same point as yours. I'll then edit the savestate to increase your MP using a hexeditor and send it back to you. I'm guessing you don't know how to do this yourself or you would have ;)

Give us a PM if you want the help since I often lose track of where I've posted :eek: