A good utlity to record MAME gameplay with.

Spellsong

Gray Mage
I tried every video recording software, and it slows down my computer if I try to record with MAME. Is there one or a frontend that records without problems, and good file compression? If there is no compression, then I will try to compress it myself.

Jale

It'd be easier if you have a dual-core processor such as Intel Core 2 Duo, of course I'm not absolutely sure about this, since I still have a single core Pentium 4 processor. Another method is to record your movie with a VCR or DVD recorder through the TV Out port and then record it back on your PC with a TV capturer (in case of the VCR) or, if you have a DVD-RAM compatible drive, load the DVD you recorded and then make the corresponding edition and compression.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I would imagine you've already tried Fraps.

You could also try the mame movie maker designed to run with Buddamame. This build of mame was designed specifically to address making mame movies and a couple of other functions. Not sure if its still about with the current release. The last release I can remember was about 0.104 or 0.105.

Last edited:

Spellsong

Gray Mage
It'd be easier if you have a dual-core processor such as Intel Core 2 Duo, of course I'm not absolutely sure about this, since I still have a single core Pentium 4 processor. Another method is to record your movie with a VCR or DVD recorder through the TV Out port and then record it back on your PC with a TV capturer (in case of the VCR) or, if you have a DVD-RAM compatible drive, load the DVD you recorded and then make the corresponding edition and compression.

I do have my specs in my profile, and yes I do have a Athlon 4200+ X2, and it still slow. Strange that my old 3500+ seems to never had slow down recording, but at least it emulates things better. Plus I rather not go through all that since I don't feel like buying more thnigs for it as of late. I will check out buddaMAME. Thanks.

Last edited: