Tekken 3 emulation...

somedUde

Hi :)
Im using ePSXe emulator, and im trying to play tekken 3.
Iv'e tried a few tekken 3 games but none seemed to work perfectly.
one didnt have soundtrack.
one was perfect except when i finished an arcade i had a black screen and i didnt get a new char.
and one didnt even got to work, i just saw a black screen (it was .nrg)
Need help and suggestions. :(
Thanks

techno

one was perfect except when i finished an arcade i had a black screen and i didnt get a new char.
Thanks

tell me how big is the tekken 3 rom file.....and is it nrg or iso.?

somedUde

well, the first one was like... not more than 100mb, and i know that the problem is in the game itself but the other ones was bigger files. one was 656 mb (the one that did a black screen after I finished the arcade) and it was an iso file, and the second one was 672mb (the one that didnt got to work) and it was nrg.

techno

well, the first one was like... not more than 100mb, and i know that the problem is in the game itself but the other ones was bigger files. one was 656 mb (the one that did a black screen after I finished the arcade) and it was an iso file, and the second one was 672mb (the one that didnt got to work) and it was nrg.

are u using mame or psx.....which emulator..............
First of all if ur using mame, Tekken 3 rom file should only be about 30 MB.
U said that one is 656 MB and the other is like 672,U either got a diffrent rom or diffrent emu,I think the Tekken 3 rom u got is only for psx emulator...Its way too big for mame.....so try it on psx emu.Pretty sure ull find A solution.

PS-I have tekken 3 for mame and it works fine,Fully playable,OK graphics.Well hope all this helps.Let me know if u got it to work.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I'm guessing that the rom image you have is a different region to the bios you are using with ePSXe.
IIRC when you change the bios in ePSXe you need to shut it down and restart it for the bios change to take effect.
The most common dump of most ISO's is NTSC, but if that bios isn't working (schp1001) then try either the Euro or Jap bios.

somedUde

are u using mame or psx.....which emulator..............
First of all if ur using mame, Tekken 3 rom file should only be about 30 MB.
U said that one is 656 MB and the other is like 672,U either got a diffrent rom or diffrent emu,I think the Tekken 3 rom u got is only for psx emulator...Its way too big for mame.....so try it on psx emu.Pretty sure ull find A solution.

PS-I have tekken 3 for mame and it works fine,Fully playable,OK graphics.Well hope all this helps.Let me know if u got it to work.
as i said, im using psx emulator (ePSXe).

somedUde

Ok, there is the situation right now. I don't have the file that made the black screen after i done the arcade, I deleted it:mad:
but I got the .nrg file that didn't even work and i wonder if the problem is the emulator and there is some problem running .nrg and I can fix it, or it's a problem in the game itself. (I got another .nrg tekken on the way).
and about changing the bios, if Im not mistaken, I've tried the scph1001 and it had terrible grapichs. I guess I won't have the ISO that made a black screen after the arcade soon, I reput it for download but it has a long way :glare:
P.S
I don't know wether the .nrg is PAL/NTSC, but I do know that the black screen file was PAL.
another P.S
This link is a Thread of someone who has the EXACT same problem as I'm having, and someone named "Dany23" gives him a solution which leads him to fix the problem. the problem is, that I don't understand it :glare: lol.
so I'd be happy if you'll read it and understand.. (and than explain me :p)
Thanks in advance

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Changing the bios shouldn't affect the graphics at all, the ISO will either work or it won't. All the bios does is change the region that the console will operate games from.

If it worked with schp1001 but with buggy graphics then it would suggest that the 1001 bios is the correct one and the emulator is fine, and that it is the iso/nrg image which is knackered.
If it worked with 1001 and the graphics were ok but the framerate was terrible then its either an issue with the video plug-in or the PC you are running it on isn't up to the job.

I have Tekken 3 running through ePSXe and PSX with hardly any issues at all so it can't be the state of the emulator.

somedUde

well, I currently only have .nrg that doesnt work niether with 1001 or 7502,
so I will be able to try what you said only when I get the .iso PAL that everything was perfect except the black screen after the arcade...
and also... OOOPPPPSSSS i forgat to put the link in my last reply :dry:
sigh... this thing is getting on my nervous :mad:

ShakeZula

Thanks

I have both of those problems, the soundtrack I don't really mind but the arcade thing is pissing me off seeing as how I've beaten it twice with Eddy Gordo, once with Yoshimitsu, and once with Hwoarang (however you spell it). I'm using ePSXe and it's an ISO, I got it as an ISO because I didn't want to seperately download every single part. So anyway, switching the bio from the 1001 to a euro one is the solution?