Computer Problem: Analog Stick Range Problem - Not 100%

jstluis

I just got a USB adapter to use with my original N64 controllers (http://www.amazon.com/May-Flash-Controller-Adapter-Nintendo-64/dp/B002B9FIUU/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1361162095&sr=1-1&keywords=n64+adapter+usb), but I am having troubles getting the full range on the analog stick.

I've had the best luck with the N-Rage V2 Plugin; however, it's still not 100%, even though the range is set to 100% and "Real N64 Range" is selected. I'd say its more like 75%. For example, in Super Mario 64, I can get him to run straight ahead, but when turning left or right, he slows to a walk because I don't have the full range. I tried using the D-Pad instead of the Analog Stick, and it works good (full range, Mario runs in all directions), but then I'm missing out on the variable control (eg for walking slowly).

Is there any workaround for this? I the other plugins available but with no luck. Any help would be appreciated!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
you have to calibrate it in windows. There is a joystick control panel you can go to and preform a calibrate.

testmachine

Old member
you have to calibrate it in windows. There is a joystick control panel you can go to and preform a calibrate.

Yeah go to control panel (Start>Control Panel)
and then click this icon
controlpanelgamecontrolwq4.jpg

Then this will pop up (Without those 2 controllers.On your computer there should be one)
superjoy2.jpg

Then go to properties,and there should be a calibrate button.
Pressing the "Calibrate" button will make this window pop up.
07fig01.jpg

There you can test your buttons and see if they are working.
This calibration screen demonstrates a 10 button layout.That cross in a white square will move if you push a button on the d-pad and will show you if it's working.And those red circles with numbers will glow when you push a button that's working.

(But the button layout will change if you have more buttons on your joystick)

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
LOL, hum ya messed something up man that is not the calibration screen? I think its under settings and it will ask you to move the stick around, then next, and then to do the next range of moment and ect.

Last edited:

testmachine

Old member
LOL, hum ya messed something up man that is not the calibration screen? I think its under settings and it will ask you to move the stick around, then next, and then to do the next range of moment and ect.

Haha.Yes i just saw it.But anyways i explained how he can get to the joystick configuration. XD

jstluis

Thanks guys for the help! I actually managed to find out about the Windows calibration shortly after I started this thread; unfortunately it was too late to cancel it. Anyways, everything is up and running and working great!

I am having an issue using the N-Rage plugin on one of my machines (Laptop, Windows 7 Home). After starting the game, everything locks up...the game still plays, but I cannot access any menus or switch windows. It is the N-Rage plugin causing issues; changing input plugins makes everything work just fine. My other machine (Desktop, Windows 7 Ultimate) works just fine with the N-Rage plugin. This issue may deserve its own thread...

Thanks again!