What is your PC Emulator development progress and any advice needed?

MickelBriyaeh

I am currently working on developing a PC Emulator 2004, which aims to function with a 3Ghz CPU, approximately 1GB of RAM, and either a Geforce 6800 or Radeon 9800 graphics card. My progress includes the implementation of Forceware (67.20 disassembled) and possibly incorporating Catalyst drivers (from Omega Drivers) into the emulator.

To enhance compatibility and performance, I plan to integrate Wine, nglide, various hacks, and potentially introduce functionality similar to Fraps. Additionally, I may utilize install scripts from wine hacks. While Steam integration is a possibility, it presents some challenges.

The motivation behind this project is to revisit and play my old games that are not available on platforms like Steam or GOG. However, I acknowledge that this will be a long and challenging development process. I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this project, as well as any advice or programming assistance, as I am currently the sole developer working on this ambitious endeavor.