Unwanted "wallhacks"

sgtwaffles42

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with Project64 and ePSXe.
I'm seeing certain objects through walls until I'm very close to them, like in this picture, above the no parking sign.

index.php

What setting(s) will fix this? Thanks in advance!

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Usually a problem like that was just because of the N64's 3D Rendering, It might just be a natural problem. Or, there is a problem with your ROM. You can try different Graphics Plugins, Like Direct64, and see if that fixes your problem. As for the Playstation emulator, I have little experience, It just might be the game.

Last edited:

sgtwaffles42

I've only used reccomended/default plugins so far, but it's had this problem on two different emulators and multiple games, so it must be a setting.
For a GeForce 9800M GTS on Win7 64, what plugins would you reccomend?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I've only used reccomended/default plugins so far, but it's had this problem on two different emulators and multiple games, so it must be a setting.
For a GeForce 9800M GTS on Win7 64, what plugins would you reccomend?

Well, I usually use Jabo's Direct3D 1.8, but since that is not fixing your problem, the safest bet is using Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.4, which can be downloaded on some website you can find on Google, but other than that, that is all I can offer. You could also try a different emulator, or upgrading Direct X.

sgtwaffles42

I'll try that plugin, but speaking of DirectX, could it be because Win 7 comes with DX11? Do I need to run it in compatibility mode?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I'll try that plugin, but speaking of DirectX, could it be because Win 7 comes with DX11? Do I need to run it in compatibility mode?
Oh? You use Windows 7? How good is it? Oh yeah, back on topic. Yeah, you might need to put it on compatibility mode.

sgtwaffles42

It's great! :D Faster than Vista for sure, better interface, but not much support yet.
But yeah, I'll try compatibility mode if this plugin doesn't work.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
It's great! :D Faster than Vista for sure, better interface, but not much support yet.
But yeah, I'll try compatibility mode if this plugin doesn't work.
Hehe, I kick it old school with Windows ME, :happy: I tried the others, isn't really as friendly. I might switch to Windows 7 sometime.

DataCabbitKSW

It sounds like it is output plugin based, but unless I were to play with it myself, I couldn't be sure. Older DirectX calls may not always come through kosher in Windows 7 since they removed a lot of the legacy DirectX code and access it via emulation layers from DirectX 10/10.1 . You may want to download and install the DirectX 9.0c web-installer package from Microsoft. This fixed some issues I had with older games, so it could fix the issues with certain graphics output plugins in emulators. Its worth a shot.
Also, if it does happen to be an oddity with Windows 7 itself, you may want to try posting over on the official Windows 7 RC Support Forum located here http://tinyurl.com/9fhdl5 . They can usually answer most questions pretty quick given the right information. Which build of Windows 7 are you using?