Trouble playing Twisted Metal 2

Devast8u

I'm having problems extracting the image and playing it from the cd using epsxe.

First of all, I tried copying the contents of the CD to my HD, but I could not get the movie files to be copied. When i tried, the error message "Invalid MS-DOS function" appeared. Since i could copy the other files,I tried burning the image without the movie files and playing it from there, most of the movie sequences only take place when you beat the game. No luck; I needed the movie files to play. (I don't think there's a patch for this since this game is quite old). The problem files are in .str extension; can anyone help out on this? Is it possible to copy files with this extension?

So, I had to resort to my last option-to play it from the CD. Even still, I cannot play games from the cd-rom using epsxe. I keep getting an "error in init aspi (235)". I tried forceaspi 1.7; still nothing. Can anyone assist me in this matter? My OS is Windows Xp Home Edition SP2.

EDIT: I can play it from the CD now; first problem still unresolved

Last edited:

montpics

Why you want to do so since you can play the game fully?

You can make CD image with Alcohol 120%, ISOProducer or etc. (For better performance of the game.

STR? That's normally a movie file extension. :cool: