Should i upgrade to 5.50GEN

VVinged

im at 5.00 m33-4 right now im wondering if i should upgrade to GEN or maybe another custom firmware as i heard that the iso decrypter works better on them/more games will play on them

Whats the cons and benefits of upgrading?

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
Did you know they made 5.00 M33-6?

Jan 20, 2009

Changes in 5.00 M33-5:

A setting has been added to recovery, that, when enabled it may increase memory stick reading speed. (only on the psp, not in the pc). By default it is disabled. If you installed 3.71 fatmsmod, do not use this setting, as its perfomance with 3.71 driver has not been tested. Instead, reinstall 5.00 m33-4 using dc8 and update to 5.00 m33-5

Changes in 5.00 M33-6:

Fixed a bug that made unbootable psp without memory stick or with a bad one.

The included file fat_comparison.html contains a comparison of perfomance between the 5.00 fat driver, the 3.71 one, and the 5.00 one with the speed up hack during the read of an iso. The test was done on the game Valkyrie Profile in cso format in march33 mode. Other games, modes and applications different than iso reading showed similar results.

http://www.qj.net/psp/hacks-exploit...sp-cfw-500-m33-6-from-dark-alex-released.html

VVinged

yea i know but they can't run 5.50 games or 6.00 games unless they're patched and some games won't even work if they're patched