Emulator Problem: ROM hack not working on 3DS homebrew

DarknessX03

So, I somehow only recently heard of this little Super Mario Bros. 3 rom hack called Mario Adventure, which has apparently been around for a while, and since then, I've been dying to try it out. I recently homebrewed my 3ds and have been playing NES and Game Boy/Color roms on there nonstop because it feels that much more special than playing it on the computer for me, and now I run into this and really would like to play it. So I got the .ips file, patched it onto the Mario 3 rom I have, and...nothing. When I load up my NES emulator from homebrew and try to play the rom hack, it simply sits at a black screen. I can hear the title music playing, but it's just a black screen which I can't make any inputs from. I've tried playing this rom on my emulators on this PC, and that worked just fine, so I'm curious to know what the problem is here. I tried the libretro QuickNES and libretro NEStopia emulator builds and neither happened to work. Does anyone have an idea as to what's going wrong here, and what I can do to fix it? I guess if nothing else I could just break down and play it on the PC, but if I don't have to do that, then I would like to do it this way. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MightyPrinny

Try this rom -Deleted link-, is patched for running on real hardware and is the one i use on my 3ds.

Last edited by a moderator: