Problem with [pec] and Final Fantasy 7

KillerPickle

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the PSX emulators so please bare with me. I've downloaded epsxe 1.6.0 and it is working great. However when I tried using [pec] with it on my FF7 disc, the menu that comes up during battle does not show up clearly; I can only see a small square that only shows about two numbers of the HP gauge (I think it's the HP gauge).

I'm using Pete's OGL Driver 1.76 for my video plugin, Eternal SPU 1.41 for sound, and ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2. for CDrom.

I tried playing around with the Off-Screen drawing, with pec on and the off-screen drawing at 2 and up, the battle screen menu shows up but the cheats from pec don't work. With it at 0 or 1, pec works but the battle menu shows up as a black square. I also have the special game fixes turned on and still nothing :(.

Thanks in advance for any help!

montpics

Try tweaking a little with the configuration found in Pete's OGL Driver 1.76. First try with 'Nice' setting and later 'Fast' setting. After that, change options till you found a better result. More like trial and error to you, but I did that before. :)

Or you may search around these forum. (I believe there was one thread that mentioned a similar problem.)