Problem with Chrono Trigger in SNES9x

Ohoopee

Hi, I have bene playing Chrono Trigger and have not had any probems with the game until I got to Magnus Castle. Here, the game just freezes when I get into a fight in one of the hallways and the the program crashes with a messuage saying that SNES9x has stopped working. Is there some kind of program setting that might be causing this? I have no cheats installed or anything like that. I have thought that maybe this could be a bad rom so I have downloaded the rom from another site. But I found that my save states didn't work with this new rom. If it is the rom that is the problem, is there anyway to make my save states work with the other copy of the rom I have? Thanks.

Well, while I was waiting on a reply, I decided to go ahead and try the new Chrono Trigger Rom. Again, everthing started fine but I had the same problem accept now much earlier in the game which is making me think it is something to do with the emulator and not the rom. What setting could be causing this?

Once again while waiting for a responce, I kept playing the new Chrono Trigger Rom and I found and made it to Magnus Castle with it. I found that once again, the same exact thing happened. It freezes as soon as I get into a fight in Manus Castle and then crashes with a messuage saying SNES9x has stopped working so this almost certainly says that it is something to do with SNES9x and not the rom. Anybody have any idea what I could do to solve this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jale

If you keep bumping like this your chances of getting a response will be zero. If you think it's the emulator, why don't you try with another SNES9X version, maybe older?