possibility of running 360 on ps3

emoboy369

i believe there is a possibility of running xbox360 on ps3 . i'm not just talking about games i'm saying the actual system. i know this guy who is running the original xbox on his ps3 and he can use the music player, movie player, everything. he is doing it through the os, so what i'm thinking is since ps3 has better hardware is possible to have the the full 360 system on ps3?

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
I think that would be very difficult. In general you need a system several times faster to emulate another system if the two don't have the same architecture.

Afaik the 360 CPU has 3 real cores, while the PS3 CPU has up to 7 cores that however need to be addressed in a special way. This makes porting a game from 360 to PS3 tricky because it would have to be carefully reprogrammed to work at the same speed (for an recent failure in this department see Bayonetta: it's not like the PS3 can't handle it but the developers who did the port screwed up badly).

In conclusion: don't hold your breath for it. It's easier to simply buy a 360 instead.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
i believe there is a possibility of running xbox360 on ps3 . i'm not just talking about games i'm saying the actual system. i know this guy who is running the original xbox on his ps3 and he can use the music player, movie player, everything. he is doing it through the os, so what i'm thinking is since ps3 has better hardware is possible to have the the full 360 system on ps3?

No.

Harrykid

Villain
So is there anyway at all that 360 has anything better then the ps3 becuase I like 360 better but ps3 seems to have 3x the hardware

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Multi Format games are virtually identical on both systems. The hardware is very different and arguably if pushed the PS3 could do better but we've reached a level where you're talking about pointless Frames per second comparisons where there's no visual difference to the end user anyway.

As always go with the system you like best or that has the most exclusive games you prefer. The PS3 is more reliable, has more features (like Blu-Ray and built in WiFi) but the 360 has a better online service. Arguing over which is best is a pointless exercise in fanboyism, neither company love their users or deserve any kind of respect or alliegance, they are businesses, we are consumers...end of.