Please help! Need a good PS1 Emulator.

DrunkenCrono

Hi. I need some help, and, well, this was the forums of where I downloaded the emulator to start this whole problem in the first place, so I thought it'd be a good place to ask.

Alright. So, a little while ago I bought a copy off Final Fantasy 9. I dusted off my playstation and tried to play, only to find my controller was broken. So, I fired up my computer and decided to find a good emulator for it (I had one I had used before, ((PSXE? I think it was.)) that worked well with it, but doesn't work on ym new computer because of...Something. I dunno.

Anyways, I was using EPSXE for awhile, it was confusing at first (eh.) but I finally got all of the BIOS and Video Drivers and all that sorted out to where the game was working perfectly...Untill I got to one cutscene. The game would freeze every time I went to that cutscene, no matter how many things I changed around ingame, and in the emulator.

Obviously I thought well...This is just because it was a used game! It's probably scratched. So I returned it, and got a brand new copy of the game from online.

But now, I try it again, and EPSXE still freezes it at that point! I don't know what it is.

So I guess the whole point of this post is to ask, is there any emulator I can use to run FF9 from start to finish? That works? Thanks. :D

Jale

Try an older version (ePSXe 1.5.2). It always work for me when things like that happen.

DrunkenCrono

Okay, thanks! I'll try that.

Wait! Oop. Uhh, where do I get that from? Eh heh. This site seems to only have 1.6, 1.063 and...Delta 2? Eh...Sorry.

Last edited:

bobbyjoe

This is a known issue with ePSXe 1.6.0 and FF9 (and I think some other FFs as well). The only present solution is to use 1.5.2 as stated above.