Emulator Problem: PCSX2 0.9.4 and Vista Home Premium prob.

XboxRocks77

A chocolate drewler.
PROBLEM!!! Please help my PS2 Emu wont work!!! :( :confused:
So I got everything that I need but I have vista, hmm and this is what happens when I run pcsx2t.exe (PCSX2 said that one is reccomeneded for non-xp windows machines) so anyway I have the BIOS I have the plug-ins now this is what happens

I open up pcsx2t.exe i configure everything, I click File, Run CD/DVD I click DVD RW Drive (E:) SSX3 then NETGUI then MODULES then open IOPRP271.IMG then it loads all perfectley till it gets to the stage when it says "Zero:GS Creating extra effects" and this comes up:
3194584353_99c6f7bd45_o_d.jpg

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Without knowing the exact error messages and the specs of your video card, I would say that it is the video card that's too weak. Perhaps someone else could give you a second opinion. Also, I have no experience with Vista, maybe you need new drivers but the general thing here is that integrated graphics aren't good enough for this kind of high level emulation.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
2 sticks of 512Mb ram aren't going to cut it either as Vista will be eating most of that on its own, before you even start trying to run any software.
You don't mention the processor but a fast dual core is currently the recommended spec for playable framerates.

Recommended minimum specs for playable performance with PCSX2 are currently:

Fast Dual Core processor
2Gb+ Ram
reasonably decent current gen GPU ideally with 256Mb or more dedicated ram.

Last edited: