P64 v2 keeps deleting 2nd controller when rom loads???

the_twig_187

Hi guys/gals

I'm using a Microsoft surface pro 3 (i5, 256, 8g) running windows 10.
my controllers are logitech gamepad f710 (standard pc gaming controller)

I have used the controllers for a super Nintendo emulator that work perfectly

start of story:
downloaded latest version of P64 (version 2) it would shutter when in full screen mode so I changed the video plugin to Jabo's 1.6 and now it works correctly.

tried to get controller to work (they would respond to the buttons being pressed on the controller setup screen of the Nrage plugin) but they would not respond while in the game. downloaded the Jabo controller plugin from the older version of P64 (v 1.6) and now controller #1 responds in the game and I can play with one player.

The Problem:
when I set up the second controller (they are both the same controllers) the controller responds in the controller setup page just like the 1st controller but as soon as I load any rom it deletes the information in the #2 controller and only the #1 controller is saved and can be used???

I have watched some youtube videos and have seen controller plugins that have a picture of the Nintendo 64 controller on the controller setup plugin page, wondering what controller plugin that is? perhaps that one may work as Jabo and Nrage currently will not.

any tips/info or other controller plugins would be greatly appreciated...thank you very much

Chris