Emulator Problem: No$GBA + Crashing issues (I've read the FAQ)

Captain Apples

A friend of mine and myself recently downloaded No$GBA for a playthrough of Poke'mon Leaf Green/Fire Red...and Emerald. We have since (attempted) to move on to Platinum, and while it works fine for me - His computer is having some issues with the game.

I've read through the FAQ, and basically, I'm trying to figure out if he's unable to run it because of his PC specs, or because of some other error;

He's got a P4 2.5ghz single core processor, ATI Radeon x1050, 1.5gb RAM, Windows XP...uh..can't remember the rest. His old PC gave out on him, and we just put together something really cheap that would run WoW for him until he could afford something better.

He can get the game started, and into the beginning, but shortly after, he BSOD's with IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal With the stop code 0x0000000A

We've looked up several solutions, and most of them point to software problems, or Driver errors.

Basically, I'm wondering if it's not running because of his setup - because we've downloaded new drivers for everything, tried rollbacks, and even tried copying my working No$GBA files onto his PC, thinking that possibly his Emu, or ROM was corrupted. That didn't help either.

We've also re-seated his RAM a couple of times, just to be sure.

To be clear: This ONLY happens when attempting to run No$GBA in DS mode, playing Pokemon Platinum - Not World of Warcraft, Call of Duty, or any of his other games.