NEED HELP WITH SNES9X EMU ON PS3 - 3.55

twiy1986

Hi guys, new here so please forgive me if i have posted in the wrong section - otherwise my problem is as follow's:

I have everything working fine but i want to add cheats but have no idea on how to do this, some kind of video response or a tutorial would be fantastic as im not that clever when it comes to this area of work!

im still learning :dry:

many thanks.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Ive been reading up on it, and I can't find an option for cheating. Maybe it hasn't been developed yet?

twiy1986

it can be done, when playing a game there's an option when i press L2 and R3 together it says cheat 1 - 2 - 3 ect - i heard something about having to call the .CHT the same name as the rom but i dont know much about that aspect of things.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Hmm, it would be great if there was an example of the cheat format. You would open the .CHT file in a program like notepad then edit the information in. If you can find the format, post it here, I might be able to help. :)

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I don't have the system or the emulator, but I am familiar with the Snes9x. As far as the .cht goes, I can't make heads or tails of it.