A new version of the excellent NES Emulator Mesen has been released. Here are the major changes in version 0.9.2:
- UI: Added an initial setup dialog for new users.
- UI: Ability to configure paths and portable mode in preferences.
- HD Packs: New features, bug fixes and audio replacement support.
- Input: Added support for the Famicom's second controller's microphone.
- Savestates: Added ability to save/load the state to/from any file.
- Debugger: Added Lua scripting.
- Debugger: Assembler now has syntax highlighting.
- Debugger: Integration with ASM6 via freem's fork (ASM6f) to import labels and code comments.
- Debugger: Added iNES header editor
- Debugger: PPU viewer enhancements
- Debugger: Added "Developer mode" option for quicker access to debugging tools
- NSF: Added repeat and shuffle options
- General: Improved emulator startup performance
- UI: Fixed window size not being remembered correctly in some cases
- FDS: Bug fixes related to cheats and save data
- Debugger: Fixed watch window usability issues and assembler bugs