Emulator Problem: mameui32 help

mikejones001

i recently downloaded mameui32 emulator - i click the mame file and it brings up the list of games but when i click a game to play it just brings up a black screen and says - device \\.\display1 currently in a unsupported mode
then the next tab says unable to initialize direct3d
CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE - i really wanna play

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Its an issue with your Graphics card, your card is either unsupported or you need to update your card drivers, and/or Direct X.

What graphics card does your PC have?.

Also, just checking you are aware that Mame32 doesn't come with any games pre-loaded, you have to obtain all the game roms seperately and put them in the rom folder.

mikejones001

its a NeoMagic MagicGraph256XL driver - i think -
BTW: its a Sony VIO laptop PCG-F580 -
Can this work with the current hardware - plays other games like diablo 2 ect
shouldnt be any problems - please help me

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
NeoMagic MagicGraph256XL sounds like a ropey integrated graphics solution. The D3D error mame is reporting relates directly to an issue with your graphics driver or Direct X install.

Click the start button on your desktop, select the 'run' command and type dxdiag then hit enter/return.

This will launch the direct x diagnostic program, run the various tests there to see if your Direct X install isn't working properly.

Install the latest version of Direct X from Windows update and install the latest graphics driver for your card.

If that doesn't sort it then your card isn't supported.