How do I Activate ***FULL*** analog functionality and gamepad rumble? in ePSXe

Anna Logg

Hello Everyone,

I was planning on getting 2 controllers:

A Wireless Xbox 360 controller and the mandatory dongle
And...
A PS3 Sixaxis controller and the Mayflash "DS3-to-PC" adapter (equipped with Xinput/Dircetinput toggling)

I have a few questions concerning the analog and rumble of both.

1. How do I attain COMPLETE analog functionality for both gamepads? Would I need to use use the "Shark" patched ePSXe along the Pokopom gamepad plugin, the SCP plugin or some other 3rd party program? (Pinnacle Game Profiler for example)

What do I mean by "full" analog functionality you ask?
I mean 360 degree rotation of characters without the limited "8 angle" boxing (Up, Down, Left, Right, Up+left, Up+right, Down+left, Down+right)
I also mean the "tilt to walk, push to run" threshold feature all analog games take advantage of. I have searched all over the net and could not find a definitive answer on this for any one specific gamepad. Out of all these questions, I would appreciate a response to this one the most as this is what concerns me primarily. I had similar analog issues with my GC controller and I don't want to have them the second time around

I was thinking of setting the 360 controller as "Xinput 1" inside of the Pokopom plugin while the Sixaxis connected to the Mayflash adapter (Xinput 360 emulation toggled ON) would be registered as "Xinput 2"and thus I could play ePSXe with all the necessary analog functions I require. Would this be a possible solution?
If I need any additional software to accompany ePSXe like XBCD or x360ce to get "true" analog functionality please tell which programs I need. :)

2. I would like to know how to get vibration/rumble features in ePSXe during normal gameplay for both gamepads. Again would I need a particular plugin or a 3rd party program?

Lastly, are the solutions for full analog support and rumble cross-compatible with other emulators such as Project 64, Chankast or is this sort of thing a case by case basis?

I ask all of this ahead of time so when I get all that I need, I don't have to spend time trying to set things up and can leap straight into gameplay. I hope this isn't an issue.

Thank you in advance.

~Anna Logg

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member