Help with VisualBoy Advance!

Donnybrook

I came to you guys for help! Don't let me down!

So, I really wanted to play some old Pokemon games (i.e. Red Version, Blue, TCG, etc.). I acquired the VBA-CE emulator, as well as VBA. I also gathered all the Pokemon games dating back to the original Red, Blue, Yellow, and so forth. I loaded up the emulator and proceeded to play Red Version. The menu screen appeared and instructed me to select start, which I accomplished with a push of the 'enter' key. It then prompted me with 'new game', or 'options', of which I selected 'new game'. After that, Professor Oak appeared with his dialogue box and there was a flashing arrow pointing downwards. I tried to hit down on the keypad and there was no result. I also tried pressing enter again as it seems to be the basic command key, yet still no result. I tried to load up some other versions such as Crystal, and TCG, and I am still able to get past the menu screen, however, I get stuck at the same spot on each game, directly after the starting menu.

Any advice, suggestions, and in depth help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

synyster31

Err this might sound like a stupid reply but i'm just going purely on what you've written.
Im pretty sure that you have to press the 'A' or 'B' keys (Or whichever keys you've assigned to them) to get dialogue to continue.
Have you tried that? Its just that you specificaly mention the Down & Enter keys but none others?

P.S Try checking the key configuration in one of the tab menus.