Game Problem: graphic issues with Yoshi's Story

midnait

i guess it's a fairly known issue for this particular game, but has anyone come up with a solution?

i've tested the game on 5 different video plugins, with varying results...but none of them seem to run the game flawlessly

following are the results i've had with the different plugins on a NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M graphics card

glN64 0.4.1
  • black screen + double height resolution

Jabo's Direct 3D6 1.5.2
  • no background, unless force normal blend is enabled under advanced settings
  • inappropriate rendering of objects with dynamic movements (eggs, petals of the smile meter, egg blocks, message blocks etc)

Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6
  • inappropriate rendering of objects with dynamic movements (eggs, petals of the smile meter, egg blocks, message blocks etc)
  • fatal render glitch on the left side of the window

RCP's direct3d 0.6
  • instantly crashes
  • error message and crash when trying to access configuration

Glide64 'Napalm' Public Release 1.0
  • seemingly the only plugin that will run the game almost flawlessly, with an exception of some background texture glitch, which appears as a horizontal line across the screen, where the texture is slightly tilted

it might be a minor issue, but it kills the experience of enjoying a game, which is heavily based on its visual look

...so, has anyone found a way to run this game the way it was intended to look?

i'm using Mupen64 Re-Recording to capture some game play from the game for further use, and would very much like the graphics to look sharp and clean :sleep: