Girl Noob in need.

segasarah

I was recently given a new laptop and i'm really interested in console emulation. At the moment i'm using ZSNES and Fusion. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on other emulators i might be able to run on my system i.e playstation, saturn, gamecube emulators etc. I realize my laptop isn't that powerful but i would really appreciate any ideas.
Windows 7 home premium
Maufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspire 5742Z
Processor: Intel (R) Pentium (R) cpu P6100 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) 4.00GB
System type: 64bit operating system

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
That works has already been done for you, no need to ask.
http://www.emulator-zone.com/
Just click on the console and pick the top rated emulator.

segasarah

Ar you just trying to be modest? That is quite a fast system. Aside from the intel video its going to run just about anything pre gamecube. Ii may even haled gamecube quite well.

Lol, no not at all. A friend at work said i'd have no chance running anything above SNES, Megadrive (Genesis) emulation. Do you think it would be able to run Playstation/N64 ok?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I ran the psx and n64 emulators on a 550 celeron back in the day. Granted I had a nvidia card but I'm sure that intel will do the job. Most emulators back then didn't require much from the video card anyways. PSX and n64 were the first to truly take advantage of it. Why not give it a try? I dont see why it would not run well.

segasarah

I ran the psx and n64 emulators on a 550 celeron back in the day. Granted I had a nvidia card but I'm sure that intel will do the job. Most emulators back then didn't require much from the video card anyways. PSX and n64 were the first to truly take advantage of it. Why not give it a try? I dont see why it would not run well.

Thanks a lot i'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.