General game controll setup from a semi NOOB

Llavud

Well I have been setting up a fairly complete version of mame from flyers to titles and so on. Yet some games controlls are hectic and very frustrating. Emulating harware is a pain. Yet I know it is possible. I have various games i could use major help with. I am using MAME+ 104.u4. Which seems stable enough. I havent had alot of trouble and find alot of the games marked as not working actually work to a playable although irritating extent. Anyway If anyone would PLEASE help out to the best possible means I would appreciate a Pm. or a yahoo message which would be ver very convenient as I am online waiting for assistance most the night. Games the utilize dial controlls like ikari warriors and such would be nice to figure a way to not have erratic movement behaviour and actual control over the player. PLEASE help :) I have been to many forums and no answers so I m asking on a new one hoping to get some kind of feed bak. Well have a nice day and good gamming folks.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I am using MAME+ 104.u4.
There is no such thing,only 0.103u4.
I don't really understand what you mean by erratic behaviour,I simply don't like games that use dial system...some of them are OK concerning controls,what exactly would you want ?

Llavud

imeant 103u4 sorry yet i still enjoy playing ikari warriors and some other that used infernal dials. Yet I havent found a combination of controls tht wil allow for onvenient charachetr movement and accurate firing all at the same time. errati behavior refers to the stock config mame has of configuring movement and dial controls all to the joystick and it makes that charachetr look as if hes having a seizure and will not allow for acurate movement targeting or shooting. does anyone else have any clues or tips on how they have configuerd theirs to work more effectively.. any help would be appreciated.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
You could use a gamepad,and set the L/R buttons as rotate left/right.
On keyboard I have a rather weird combination but,it works for me.