For Nestopia users

majax79

Hello,

I just got the 2.1.1 release of FCEUX and there was all of a sudden a sound problem. I tried Nestopia just to compare and it plays the sound perfectly.

I'm thinking of switching to Nestopia and have all 677 licensed NES roms released in the US.

Are there any problems with Nestopia 1.40? I thought I read that 1.37 was preferable.

Last edited:

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
What kind of sound problem was you having ?

I have FCEUX 2.1.1 with no sound problems.

majax79

I have an Audigy 2ZS sound card and update driver.

There's a crackling sound in Archon. It's not in Nestopia or FCEUX 2.0.3.
I kept the default sound settings the same between them all and FCEUX 2.0.3 default settings are identical to 2.1.1.

I tried changing every aspect of FCEUX 2.1.1 and nothing. I chatted with adelikat on the FCEU irc channel and it's a known issue in the x64 version.

So, I can either stick with FCEUX 2.0.3 or go to Nestopia. I'm not quite happy with the default color palette in Nestopia. It makes the red bricks in Archon purple. Although, I'm not sure if they're supposed to be red or purple to be honest.

Also, as a OT comment...I hate all those lua files that are in the last few fceux packs. I don't use LUA but idk which LUA files are safe to delete. I think all of them, lol.

majax79

Thanks for the link. It didn't fix the problem though.

I also hate the new backup of savestates. I requested that there be an optional box to backup savestates.

Seems that FCEUX is just releasing random updates without any clear purpose. It seems like they're going backwards and alot of people are going for the more stable Nestopia.

Well, I can either stick with FCEUX 2.0.3 or go to Nestopia. I'm working on beating all 677 games so I need a stable version. Nothing is really different play-wise between 2.0.3 and 2.1.1.

I'm trying to figure out who has the more accurate color palette.

majax79

So, I've decided to stay with FCEUX 2.0.3. I found the fbx2.PAL color palette that is identical to the color palette of Nestopia. So, that's that I guess.