FF7 problems (epsxe)

bretters

alright so i download epsxe... and the first night it works but the next day it wouldnt work period... so i restarted my computer and opened up the program... it started up fine... but it went too fast... so i looked around and figured it out... changing the fps rate... so i try to start up ff7 again... and nothing happens... its just a black screne nothing opens at all... so everytime i want to play i have to restart my computer and i have one try to play it... once im done... if i want to play again i have to restart and open it again... and when i play ff7... if i get in a battle... the menu is black... what do i do?... is it a plug-in thing?... or is it the game?... or is it epsxe?... i mean i have no idea what is wrong with it...:confused:

edit:i was playing around with my emulator... and downloaded every graphic plug-in i could find... i did get one that worked... it was Pete's D3D Driver 1.76... i was surprised when it worked... i was planning on just playing without a battle menu... and then BAM it showed up... but now it likes to slow down a lot... is there a way i can fix that?

Last edited:

hagbard

bretters

okay i did all they said in that thread... but not it runs really choppy... did i do something wrong?.... and when i get in a battle it slows down a butt load... but in about 10 seconds regains normal speed... well, still choppy but regular speed.... can i do something to fix that?...

hagbard

I suppose you check Pete's D3D "Special game Fixes" -> "Adjust framebuffer access". I'd mess with the SPU plugin config: Try Eternal with "SPUasync, and "Update before accessing register" enabled. Also PEOpS Cdr with "caching: Async Reads"

Another important question it's if you're playing from a real CD, or from an ISO, either emulated (mount with Daemon Tools) or loaded directly with ePSXe. Using a ISO should speed up a lot.

Please post your system specs, plugins and config if we can go further.

bretters

okay now all the video works fine.... but i turned off the sound yesterday... like just unchecking the enable sound boxes... and today no sound works at all..... i checked the boxes back.... what happened?

hagbard

Which SPU plugin are you using? Eternal and PEOpS are recommended

hagbard

Does PEOpS SPU work? And what about ePSXe 1.5.2? Anyway, the registry entries for ePSXe might be corrupted, so probably you'll need to delete them to start from scratch. Proceed like it's documented o the ePSXe help file.

Morrow36

after i left midgar, it won't let me save to a memory card, it says it saves then when i try to load it later it wasn't there, i guess i can use save states, but anyone ahve a clue?

montpics

Morrow36 said:
after i left midgar, it won't let me save to a memory card, it says it saves then when i try to load it later it wasn't there, i guess i can use save states, but anyone ahve a clue?
You can do save states as well as saving in memory card files. :)