epsxe and FF8 problem

sith

Hey hoping you guys here can help me with this as im stumped. Ive been trying to play FF8 on epsxe1.6 and i keep getting an error whenever i enter a battle.

Opcode 15 UNK (PC00150054) (104526,53)

The number in this changes ocasionally as well, from what i can tell in regards to what area the battle takes place in.

I used to be able to play this a while ago, without any trouble, but then stopped for probably over a year, but without changing anything to do with the emulator, and upon goin back to play it, i now get this error. Ive tried changing all the plugins, downloading new copies of the plugins and emulator etc, yet i still get the same error over and over.

The only thing I havent done as yet is to try my other psx games to see if I get the same problem with them (because they are all at my parents house, which is a bit of a drive from where I live...)

Anyway this error just seems odd, as everything else in the games is fine, just crashes when it comes to the battles. Anyway thanx in advance for any insight u guys might have.

Tomtaru

hitokiri battousai
did you create an iso of your CD or are you playing from the CD itself?

sith

Im playing from an ISO of the disk. I used the iso's previously when it was working though. Havent actually used the cd as yet though, because as I said, they are too far away for me to be bothered getting... I could jus burn a backup from the iso i guess and try that instead of running from the images.

hagbard

Probably a GPU plugin error, try another such as Pete's D3D, OGL, OGL2 or peops soft GPU. Also chances are ePSXe 1.5.2 would run it better

sith

Well ive tried changing all of the plugins and graphic settings (and all other plugins) to no avail.

Yeah I suspected a corrupted iso as well. I burned it off to a cd, and now instead of the error, it basically just freezes on the battle swirl. Ive tried changing the settings with the cd as well and it didnt help.

So i decided to test about a corrupted iso, so i downloaded a few saved games and put them on, and was able to load from the 2,3 & 4th disks, but i still get the error. So unless they have all been corrupted, then i have absolutely no idea on how to fix it. It sure is giving me the shits thats for sure.

hagbard

Did you try to mount the ISO with Daemon Tools? Otherwise I'd delete the ePSXe registry entries (look at ePSXe help file), and try from scratch with other version, 1.5.2 is probably more compatible than 1.6.0.