emulator crashing.. help please?

r3b3l_XiM

i recently got ePSXe and have configured it, and the games actually start and load properly etc. The only thing is, with the game WWF Smackdown 2: Know Your Role it gets to the part where it checks for a memory card, and then the emulator crashes. Also, on Crash Team Racing when i go onto career mode, the mask appears but instead of talking the game freezes. Can anyone please help? or tis there's a better or more stable emulator can you please tell me it??

thanks in advance :)

Solis

Hello r3b3l_XiM,

What epsxe Version are you using? Did you make the Image or is it a download? If you made
the Image yourself was the disc clean Or did you get any extracting errors?

BTW : epsxe is the most compatible playstation emulator to date
as far as i know but, It's not best on quality Personally I Recommend
PSXeven_v0.19 but there is Arbex/Xebra Which is pretty Compatible.

Last edited:

r3b3l_XiM

I'm using ePSXe version 1.6.0

And it was a rom that i downloaded. I'll try the other emulators you've given me, but if you can work out how to fix ePSXe it'd be much appreciated.

thanks for the help man :happy:

r3b3l_XiM

alright, i tried psxeven, and it does start up the game, but then the whole thing goes really quickly, like someone has hit fast forward, and the buttons are unresponsive. When i get to the menu that say "press start" the button i have assigned for the start button, or any other button for that matter doesn't do anything... :(

Solis

Hello r3b3l_XiM,

For PSXeven_v0.19 you have to configure the Video.

PSXeven>Configure>Graphics

Enable AutoDetect FPS & Limit FPS

And I Recommend SSSPSX Pad Plugin.

PSXeven>Avanced>Select the SSSPSX Pad Plugin then hit the configure button.