Emulation help

FalloutVesparia

I have a legal copy of Skies of Arcadia, although it has never played on my Gamecube, my cube has had problems with other disks as well since I got it (It was a previously owned system) So in hopes of actually being able to play my game (It has been six years since being able to play it on my dreamcast) I got a rom for the game. Now the rom had the files registered as R - 00 through 25 once the files were extracted. I used the program WINRAR to try and extract them to GCM's, which worked, but the files are huge and I don't want to have to extract them all. If anyone knows how to help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I have a legal copy of Skies of Arcadia, although it has never played on my Gamecube, my cube has had problems with other disks as well since I got it (It was a previously owned system) So in hopes of actually being able to play my game (It has been six years since being able to play it on my dreamcast) I got a rom for the game. Now the rom had the files registered as R - 00 through 25 once the files were extracted. I used the program WINRAR to try and extract them to GCM's, which worked, but the files are huge and I don't want to have to extract them all. If anyone knows how to help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

It will be disk image so is going to be a few hundred meg in size. If you have all the rar files in the same folder, just use Winrar to unpack the lowest numbered file and it will compile them all into one image.

FalloutVesparia

I know that it is going to be a large file, it is just that there are so many, they don't seem to be working, I have extracted a few of them, but all of them are the same size being almost one gigabyte each. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it. I know how to use WINRAR and I have been, but it doesn't seem to be making a difference. I have just never seen the file type R00 and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out that part.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I know that it is going to be a large file, it is just that there are so many, they don't seem to be working, I have extracted a few of them, but all of them are the same size being almost one gigabyte each. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it. I know how to use WINRAR and I have been, but it doesn't seem to be making a difference. I have just never seen the file type R00 and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out that part.

As I said in the previous post its a rar archive (which is why you've got 26 identically sized files numbered 00 - 25). They won't actually create a 25Gb file when you unpack them, if you unzip 00 and the other 25 files are in the same folder Winrar will automatically unzip them in order and build them into a single disk image. The reason they are numbered in that fashion is so Winrar knows what order to unzip them in.

There is nothing else to add....that's what it is, how it works and what it does.

Unzipping them individually will just give you a load of broken ISO's that don't work.