Does a 3ds emulator exist?

Evee

I couldn't find any sources from this year saying if they did or didn't. I only found stuff saying no but from 2011-12.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
When an emulator is found we add it here otherwise it's talked about on the forums until its a playable emulator. There are a few in work emulators that do not show much or only work with home brew games but I'm sure that is not what you are looking for.

xthedestroyer

I had to sign up just to answer this question. Yes, there is a fully functional emulator for the DS. It's called DrasTic and it is available on android devices. You can get it at the Google Playstore for around 10 or 15 US dollars. I bring this up because of the DS touchscreen. Unless you have a PC or laptop with touchscreen functionality, I can imagine it would be fairly frustrating to play games that require touchscreen functionality in some form or another. That said, Tablets are inexpensive and most people have pretty decent Android phones nowadays, so that should not be an issue for most. Hope this helps.

Robert

He wanted an emulator for the 3DS, not the DS, which has been fully emulated for a few years. And, who pays for emulators anyway?

The only 3DS emulator still being worked on that I know of is TronDS, but I do not know if it can do anything useful yet. Certainly not anything of a commercial nature.

DolphinUser

He wanted an emulator for the 3DS, not the DS, which has been fully emulated for a few years. And, who pays for emulators anyway?

The only 3DS emulator still being worked on that I know of is TronDS, but I do not know if it can do anything useful yet. Certainly not anything of a commercial nature.

There is another work in progress 3DS emulator called Citra. It can't play any commercial games yet however. There is also apparently a third 3DS emulator in development called 3dmoo but I don't much about it.