Emulator Problem: Can not create Save File error

Shady

Fallen
Hey there.
So It's been quite a while since I have played my visual boy advanced but last night my recently rekindled interest in Pokemon got to the point where I got the urge to play a ROM. But the emulator keeps giving me an error about being unable to create a save file in the form of an obnoxious pop up that constantly interrupts my gameplay. At first I had shrugged it off but thanks to those annoying Windows automatic updates I didn't get very far before I realized that it meant it. My save point had not recorded over a like three year old one that I no longer want. I then discovered that it wouldn't even create a 'save state'! Seriously?

Tried another game, same obnoxious pop up.

Possibly useful information:

*I am using a five year old Acer Aspire laptop
*I am using the emulator and games from a disc I had them burned to back those five years ago when I switched laptops.
(Though I had dragged the emulator to the desktop for easier access, I considered that I needed to use the one that remained on the disc but no dice.)

Shady

Fallen
Apologies I realized this is probably the wrong section. Forgive me I was not paying attention I only noticed a 'Emulator Problem' prefix and assumed it was a help section. XP

Devdraco

This thread *should* be moved... However, if you're still experiencing problems, it's likely not your computer. Try reinstalling/updating the emulator. If that doesn't work, fiddle with the settings. Some Pokemon games don't work right with the whole "internal battery run dry" thing, that would be the save type, but it doesn't seem like that's your problem. Hope you figure it out.