Bliss-Box Bridge

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I have used EZ for a long time and it was the forums I first advertised and talked about the Bliss-Box. So I'd figured I'd continue that trend. Bliss-box has had a lot of products here and there but the Bridge is something new. Although it is made to work with the Bliss-Box, it is possible it can work with anything.

For reference this was the Bliss-Box thread and its beginning

So what is the bridge?

The Bridge Connects a 4-play in single mode or Gamer-Pro and sends controller data to a console. The Bliss-Box Gamer-Pro and 4-Play are USB devices that are intended for a USB host. However in the same way the BlisSTer works, all Bliss-Box devices can speak a universal protocol over two wires. The communication can take play over the USB lines without disturbing USB hardware. When you connect the Bliss-Box Bridge to a Gamer-Pro or 4-Play, it begins sending controller data at a fast rate of 500us per request. That is twice as fast as the fastest USB poll-rate. The Bridge takes this data and then speaks to the console. The console now controls the polling rate (typically 16ms) and while the console waits for the next poll, the Bliss-Box gathers the payload.

So what does this mean? It means you can use any controller you want, on any console...

Bliss-Box invented a protocol called LLAPI. Any device can pretty must use it as it is not hardware controlled. It usea PWM signals and can be done in firmware, . so adapters like Raphnet could simple write a software driver. The code is open and free to sample from, so there is little to no learning needed.

The Bridge at this time is concerned early beta but it is for sale on the Bliss-Box page. No advertising ( other then here) is being done yet mainly because we are still manufacturing the cables. Like the Bliss-Box, you need to go form something to the console. If you only plan to use USB consoles then you you can jump in to action now, as it comes with the USB option. Not all USB console are supported yet but they are on the list. As for non USB console, you can still make your own adapter cables, we show you how. So if you like to do that sort of thing, now is the time to get in to it. Otherwise, we plan to have them ready in a year from now.

Feel free to check out the dev videos.

1668307026825.jpeg

1668307425836.png

Last edited: