Assistance with Snes9x

Sawnderz

When I'm playing through games like Donkey Kong or Megaman X, Snes9x suddenly crashes. It tells me that Snes9x has stopped working and then closes. I'm not sure if the emulator has gone under significant stress or what.
Someone suggested that I avoid Save States, and I have no clue why.
Can anyone help?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
What os are you running?

malloc4096

What os are you running?
this. . . . is why i didn't even try responding. its 2015, and due to the lack of info in his post he's obviously a complete newb, so he's running either win8 or 10. . . . what are you suppost to say to someone running that garbage ?

Sawnderz if you respond, for my own reference, I'd be really really curious what your doing on win10 that cannot be done on any other OS from the past 2 decades ??? . . .and you do realize microsoft or any law/gov agency can remotely monitor/disable any part of win10 OS. On that note perhaps you should put your tax dollars to work tell your governor your having win10 issues and you need one of his agents to remote in and fix it for you.

sum info on .000001% off chance your not on win8/10 . . . and to kill 2 birds/1 stone, rant plus a little help as if anyone "Down Grading" to win10 deserves it. If you happen to be too young tho to have been familiar with winXP or 7, then its understandable, but you'd have to be like ~10years old.

along time ago when i first tried snes emu's, I found ZSNES just worked better and more efficent(less resource intensive) than snes9x. I havn't tried snes9x in posibly over a decade so dunno if thats still true, but i would assume so.

if theres sum reason you want to use 9x, fyi these are some of the quoted pre 1.52 bugs if for some reason your not on the latest ver, and the 1.53 crc's

e8dad6a0 ?CRC32*snes9x.exe
89d86e91 ?CRC32*fmodex.dll

pre 1.52 -
fix4:
-selecting "display messages before applying filters" prior to loading any rom could cause a crash
-hq4x and simple4x did not work correctly in DirectDraw and 32bit modes
-selecting filters with different scales for normal/hi-res modes caused incorrect message scaling
-the rom information window was always disabled
fix3:
-avi recording crashed on < vista
-delete key mapping did not work after emulator restart
fix2:
-parts of the window stopped updating when previously covered by other windows (only in d3d mode)
fix1:
-display corruption in Super Metroid/Donkey Kong Country/... due to compiler optimization