Emulator Problem: 1964 controller help

spitfire

Hi. I just downloaded the 1964 emulator and when I play a game on it, it says "Controller 1 is not connected. Turn the N64 Control Deck Off and plug controller 1 into controller socket 1." Does anybody know what this means? I can't seem to fix it. Thanks in advance.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Best to use project64, I have seen that error before but no solutions.

spitfire

K. Well, I downloaded project 64 and a few messages come up saying " The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid. You need to go into settings and select a video (graphics) plugin. Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder." And it says the same for the other ones except instead of video it says audio, RSP, or input. I try chaning the plugin but it shows nothing.

spitfire

Well, I'm new to emulators and I've had them all work fine except this one, so I don't really know how to set the plugins.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well, I'm new to emulators and I've had them all work fine except this one, so I don't really know how to set the plugins.
- Well this has nothing to do with emulators, rather just common sense. but here is what I mean..

There is a folder called "plugin" with 1964, is it empty? Is it full? Either way, make sure you put plugins in there.

then open 1964 go to "plug-ins" then go to change plugins. You will then see a tab called "folders" then in there you will see "plugins" put the path that I talked about above in there. I.e (if 1964 is here C:\games\1964\ then put in C:\games\1964\Plugin\ ) Then hit ok, and goto plugins from the menu again and set up what ever you like.

Last edited: