Search results

1. M

Chankast + Core 2 Duo = suckage?!

My brand new laptop can run many of the latest game demos as smooth as silk on the highest settings. The specs: 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo 2 GB RAM 256 MB 8600 geforce card Windows XP SP2 However, Chankast still runs like crap. In fact it barely runs faster than on my old laptop: 1 GHZ Pentium 3...
  2. M

Chankast - increasing RAM help?

I only have a 1 Ghz chip, but thanks to the over/under clocking feature, I can play Jedi Power Battles at full speed on Chankast! Other games not so much. But with tweaks to my desktop settings it is getting better. I have heard Chankast is CPU driven, but the performance of a game called...
  3. M

Chankast: is a 2.0 GHz CPU the absolute minimum?

My family is considering a new laptop, but the one they are wanting has a 1.7GHz CPU. The RAM is 1 Gig which is more than enough. And the video card is the latest. Has anyone gotten Chankast to run at full speed on a CPU less than 2.0 GHz ?
  4. M

Help: Can't use Chankast 02a

I am trying to play Cannon Spike with Chankast and I was told use version 02a. A screen prompting me to enter the time and date is first. I have to enter it twice. Then I come to the Bios screen. If I select play it goes back to the date enty screen. I can never get to the game. I have...
  5. M

Need help: My EPSXE has the hiccups !

After taking a long hiatus from ePSXe, I reinstalled the program ( version 1.6.0 ) on my computer along with a few psx roms. These games ran perfect before, but now it seems my ePSXe 1.6.0 has a case of the hiccups! Example: I am playing Castlevania Chronicles and about every 4 seconds the...
  6. M

Help: Sheep, Dog, and Wolf stuck

I can't get Sheep, Dog, and Wolf past the main title screen on EPSXE 1.6. It just gets stuck there. I switch over to the 7502 bios but still no go. Does anyone have a config that works. Help!
  7. M

soul calibur: are my specs enough?

I want to play soul calibur on my laptop but I am not sure if it has got enough juice to smoothly run it on an emulator. My specs: Chip: 1.1 GHz RAM: 384 Geoforce video card circa 2002 Has anyone with something similiar been able to play soul calibur at a decent speed?
  8. M

A thought on the Imus situation

THANK YOU JESUS!! In the eternal war between athletes and nerds, one of our kind has finally landed a blow against the enemy. PRAISE THE LORD!!! A famous NERD has gone on public air and insulted a group of JOCKS. The country is so shocked it has stopped down to talk about it. I believe it is...
  9. M

Need best advice on loading a game

The game is Castlevania Chronicles. I have 8 separate .rar files each containing a .bin file that is over half a GB in size extracted. Each .bin file looks to have the same name, just a slightly different size. There is also a small .cue file included with each. I first ran ePSXe using the...
  10. M

What is a firmware.bin ?

What the heck is the firmware.bin needed to run no$gba ? Is it an AFI file ? I thought firmware was used for digital photography not gaming. Everyone says firmware.bin is needed but nobody can say what it's for. Not asking for a site.
  11. M

Anyone played Flame Gunner ?

I was told Flame Gunner works on Zinc, but I can't find it listed on the available roms (using Aldo's, Zinc 1.1) Has anyone here got this rom up and working? If so, which emulator and how is it? I also wanted to know how well Tondemo Crisis and Raystorm run on Zinc. I have a 384 mhz that can...
  12. M

Need help finding Mame32v100-105. Please !!!

My computer is not able to run the latest versions of MAME. The version I currently have ,v.89 , doesn't run the games I want. I read somewhere that v.107 was the big jump for MAME in terms of processing power and system requirements. Mame32v100 is the one I want. Does anyone still have or...
  13. M

New Mame too powerful ?

I have been using the same Mame32 program for the past 3 years and never had a case of slowdown or glitches with even the most advanced roms. I wanted to play some of the newer games, so I downloaded Nebula and the latest version of Mame. Nebula works great. But the new Mame is a piece of...
  14. M

HELP! Blurry sprites : games now unplayable

A couple weeks ago I finally broke down and allowed my Dell laptop to run the updates it have been bugging me about for over a year. 2 glaring changes occured, one of which has ruined my emulation experience. 1) Program menus off the start buttom are now extremely sluggish and...
  15. M

Need best plugin/config for SOTN ; success stories

System specs: 1.1 GHZ chip 384 RAM Geforce2 video WinXP OS Controllers: Gravis Eliminator Pro Logitech (similiar to old PSX controller) Emulator: ePSxe Last night I booted up Castlevania: SOTN and was fairly pleased w/ my first attempt. For each configuration Video, Sound, and Drive I had at...
  16. M

Isobuster ; extracting files from commercial disks

I recently came across a used Castlevania :SOTN disk in a Blockbuster, and I am debating about whether to buy it. There is no place for a PS1 to go on my entertainment center nor do I want to make that big of an investment for an old game. I was wondering if I could use a program like...
  17. M

Found Dracula X for PS1: Anyone tried it yet?

I believe I have located a rom set for the Jap import of SOTN called Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight. The file is over 300 mb in size. Being a die hard Castlevania fan, I have been working diligently to get the PCEngine Dracula X to work on my pc (slow painful progress). So much time and...