Recent content by stebbinsd

1. S

ePSXe doesn't let me save state or download cheat codes

Playing Final Fantasy 5 on ePSXe right now. The F1 and F3 keys (which normally control save states and load states) don't seem to do anything. If I press Esc and select Run > Save State > Slot 1, all it does is resume gameplay, but the slots are still grayed out whenever I go to "load state."...
  2. S

What PC specs do I need to run RPCS3 at a consistent 60fps?

For example, my PC is currently boasting an AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB of DDR4 Ram, and a Geforce GTX 1070ti. Should I be able to run a consistent 60fps? Or do I need to upgrade?
  3. S

Final Fantasy Origins PS1 ePSXe emulator: "unknown opcode 0000000F at 00000004"

Final Fantasy Origins PS1 ePSXe emulator: "unknown opcode 0000000F at 00000004" I'm playing Final Fantasy 2 on Origins on the PS1. Specifically, I'm using the ePSXe emulator. I'm at the part where Leon is about to re-join the group, and I get this message: https://i.postimg.cc/5ym2vLpY/A.png...
  4. S

How do I play Final Fantasy Origins on PS1 using Bizhawk?

I downloaded bizhawk and then an Final Fantasy Origins rom. Instead of ISO, the game was instead in a .bin file. Well, whenever I try to load the rom, it just says that I lack the "firmware." Any solutions to this?
  5. S

Mesen, ZSNESW, and VisualBoy Advance do not work

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I haven't been able to load any emulators. Mesen and ZSNESW both immediately freeze up and stop responding as soon as the emulator loads, before I can even load a ROM. Visual Boy Advance doesn't even show up at all. It's in my task manager, but only as a...
  6. S

How do I remove layers on Dolphin?

I'm on the Dolphin emulator, playing a Wii game. I'm trying to get a shot of the background of a game without the characters or other assets getting in the way. How do I get rid of those front assets?
  7. S

Super Paper Mario control issue

I'm playing Super Paper Mario on the Dolphin emulator. I'm using an Xbox 360 controller. I've got the left thumbstick controling the movement, the D-pad controlling the "tilt" function, the right thumbstick controlling the pointer (where Tippi gives you tips about the world you're in and reveals...
  8. S

Paper Mario always freezes at the same spot

When I have the scripted battle against Bowser at the beginning of the game, I can hit Bowser without issue, but the game crashes as soon as Bowser takes his first shot at me. It's always immediately after Bowser makes contact. It happens consistently. I've tried switching from Project64 to...
  9. S

BIOS file for SvR 2007

I just downloaded PCSX2 1.2.1 and I think it managed to load ok. After 90 minutes of downloading, I finally got "Smackdown vs. Raw 2007" extracted into a folder I think I can remember. This is the rom I downloaded: blocked When I try to fire up the disc image file, it says I'm missing the...
  10. S

Super Paper Mario rom

I'm looking for a Super Paper Mario rom for use on my Dolphin emulator. I do NOT like to use torrent software, because they're constantly running in the background, bogging down my computer and slowing it to the pace of an early 90's computer! Is there anywhere where I can just... download the...
  11. S

Can't map controller to ZSNES

I encountered a problem with ZSNES that could only be fixed by uninstalling and re-installing the emulator. Ok, now that I've reinstalled in the emulator, it's time to map my Xbox 360 controller so that the controls will feel more natural. However, the buttons aren't responding! When I try to...
  12. S

Problems with Paper Mario cheats.

I'm playing Paper Mario on Project 64. For the most part, I just want to play naturally. However, I don't want to be restricted to just 30 badge points. So I used the built-in cheat for max badge points. However, now, every time I level, the game freezes. Using the "no star points" cheat...
  13. S

How to put in cheats on dolphin?

I'm playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii on the Dolphin, and I want to put in some of these codes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ONM_MUwPoY But, I can't figure out how to put them in. On the cheats manager, it says "create AR code," but that doesn't seem to do anything when I click it. What...
  14. S

Dolphin won't work.

I've downloaded the Dolphin emulator, and I extracted all the files to a "dolphin" folder on my desktop. However, when I go to that folder and double click the application, it says that I'm missing a file. Re-installing the program could fix the problem. However, no matter how many times I...
  15. S

Game Genie codes on Nestopia

I can't figure out how I'm supposed to put in game genie codes into my Nestopia emulator. I'm playing Legend of Zelda, and I want invincibility so that I can just go around an explore the world without having to worry about dying, so I go onto gamegenie.com and find the code AVVLAUSZ. However...