Recent content by FalconYT

1. F

Flight Stick for Star Wars

Hello, What would be a good choice for a flight stick for the arcade Star Wars game. A regular joystick springs back to center and obviously has no fluidity between up down left right.. Using the trackball is awkward.. If read some posts where people have built replica controls with...
  2. F

pcsx2 0.9.4/5 Question

Hello, When you try a game in PCSX2 and the game plays in what I would call Slow Motion.. It plays, cut screens work well, menus work well but the game play and sound play slow.. In sync, but slow... Would I need a more powerful CPU or could that just be incompatibility.. I went into the setup...
  3. F

pcsx2 0.9.4 Question

I've just started to play around with the pcsx2 emulator and I know that many games do not work, and the compatibility listed games are your best chance to try it out.. I've tried a couple games and for some reason I cannot get it to go full screen or even out of a windowed box. I have selected...
  4. F

CHD Games and Reset or Skip

I've noticed in some of the CHD games, you have either a calibration setup or diagnostic screen and there sometimes is a press a button to skip by it. However is this button specific to each game or is it uniform in MAME.. I have been stuck in a few and cannot seem to get by those screens...
  5. F

CHD's

Question regarding CHD's.. I know you take the CHD file name and make a Folder and put the CHD in there.. (the rom file should be the same name as well) and it should work.. But what about games that have more than one CHD?? Like DDR, there seems to be a bunch of CHD files with different names...
  6. F

Line Type Games and Mame v125u1

Has anyone had a problem with the vector or line art type games.. Like Tempest, Star Wars, Star Trek with MameUI32 v125u1?? What is happening the games freeze or lag badly and become unusable.. Thanks..
  7. F

Spinner in MAME

I figured it would be plug and go but I guess not.. :) I just got my Slikstik Tornado Spinner for my console and plugged it in to my PC, it's running Vista. The spinner makes the mouse pointer go up and down on the Windows desktop. I run MAME and the spinner does not work.. I went in to the mame...
  8. F

Daphne

Hello, As I'm getting my MAME, Vpinball and other to work on my cab.. Now I'm thinking about trying to get Daphne running.. I have downloaded Daphne on my MAC.. I see with Daphne even though you can download some games through them, you still need a actual disc. I used to put some serious...
  9. F

Visual Pinball or PinMame32????

Hello, Well now that my cabinet is up and running I started looking into pinball for it.. I downloaded pinmame, pinmame32, visual pinball and I am really confused here... I have read and understand you need roms for the displays and tables for the game play part... Pinmame32 only displays the...
  10. F

MAME Button Customizing

Hello, I just recently got my 2 player console put together using an iPac 2 and an assortment of buttons and so forth.. I tested it it works fine in standard controller mode.. Now the layout of the buttons would give me the capability to have dedicated buttons for Escape and Pause. However...
  11. F

High Scores

Hello, Is there a way to maintain the high scores in the games you play in MAME??
  12. F

X-Arcade, Sound and mameui32fx

Hello, I just recently started to use Mame, I've tried it on my Mac and my PC so far.. However I just updated to Mameui32fx 0.123u2 on my PC. I have noticed that my X-Arcade arcade stick no longer works on the info screen where it says to type OK or move the joystick left or right to continue...