Emulator Problem: Project64 Too Fast

Soboy

Now, from reading around these forums trying to fix this problem I'll know people will come to this thread saying "Turn Limit FPS on!" and I'm here to say that is my very problem. When not limiting, my game runs at %1200-1400 speed, over 600 VI. This is obviously unplayable. When I turn Limit FPS on, it runs at %80 speed and sometimes even %50 speed. I can obviously run at %100 speed just fine if I'm going over %1000, but how do I do it? The game seems very sluggish and is sometimes frustrating to play. Maybe I'm just missing something and there's no way to sync like that, but I'd like to know why it seems to be so difficult to make the game run like it should when my rig can run at insane speeds. I've also tried syncing to audio and I get the same result. Games running are Mario 64, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
enable Sync game to Audio and disable any FPS limiter.

Last edited:

Soboy

I see that now, that should not give the same result, that is extremely odd. Syncing to audio is the desired option here, do you have v-sync on by any chance? that would fight it.

Not sure if you read this or what version of pj64 you have but its worth a read.

I have PJ64 2.1, I'll try downgrading and let you know how it goes. Thanks.

FaeFern

This worked for me, a bit different than the already mentioned.
Uncheck the 'Fixed Audio Timing' option in 'Config Pokemon Snap' in the settings menu. (If you don't have such a place, that button is probably somewhere similar.
Then, you check the 'Sync Game to Audio' in the 'Config Audio Plugin'