Xenogears Graphics

g0d53nd

Ive searched a little bit, and most of the xenogears problems ive read about is when fei is a little boy and it freezes, well now that i know that story by heart i know how to fix it *writes it down so i dont post a question about i later :p *

*EDIT* I did find one topic asking the same questions, but it was never answered.

My questions are these:

On anime cutscenes theres no sound, its not a big deal so if theres no way to fix it oh well life goes on, but is there anyway to fix it?

On in game cutscense (where i can't control nothing and its just the characters doing what they want and i sit there happily reading what they are saying) The first two of them, the one at the beggning of the game and the one where the Gears attack the first town your in, i belive it is called Lennah or something, its just a black screen with flashing red and stuff, but you can hear whats going on and you can read what they say but nothing but black background, anyway to fix this?

Im using EPSXE 1.6.0
Petes Open GL Driver 1.76 for Video
Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 for sound With the first two boxes checked
PC Specs:
Interl(R) Celeron(R) CPU 3.20GHz
448 RAM
80gb HD
Compaq MV940 Color Monitor on ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series 128mbs i belive it is
Direct X 9.0

Video Prefrences:

xenopref.jpg

Any help would be appricated Thank you

Last edited:

Solis

I would recommend you use petes soft 1.17 If you don't want glitches with
graphics. Now from what i see in your screen shot i would try to turn

Off Screen - at least 2
Framebuffer Textures - 3
Framebuffer Access - 4

And i not sure about sound but i would try using mooby's cdr 2.8 and
run the image through Run Cdrom. Certain games like Resident Evil 2 or 3
will not have sound work at certain cut scenes unless you are using mooby's
cdr.

BTW you may want to try PSXevenv.19. I'n my opinion it games work better with it. And not saying get rid of epsxe cause there are games that only work on epsxe like Crash Bandicoot Racing. The better version of epsxe is the 1.52.

Last edited:

esedess

The RPG Gamer
Thanks for the tip about the xenogears. I got the same prob as him. ^^

OmNiSLAsH726

OK everybody. I am currently at Zeus.(first time encounter). The THIRD time he does that HP halve it freezes. f7 trick doenst work this time. HOW do i fix this? help.....

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
Your system is more than enough to handle
rw51xu.png

anyway, you could try
the epsxe spu core or peops dsound, you might wanna try ticking/unticking the spu irq hacks (both on the first screen and on the configuration of the plugin)
try the different combinations.

And not saying get rid of epsxe cause there are games that only work on epsxe like Crash Bandicoot Racing. The better version of epsxe is the 1.52.
crash works with PSXeven, all you need tick the SPU IRQ Hack.
otherwise you'll be stuck on the sony welcome screen.

Cheers
-Leerz
Viva Las Filipinas