E-books/documents

J

Jet Set Willy

Hey. Hopefully Nick is reading this, as I know he once had quite a collection. Do any of you have books to trade? I'm specifically looking for mathematics texts and the Discworld books, but will happily take anything that you're offering. I'll share my entire collection with anybody who is interested.

Ta.

El Fugitivo

Well, I'm defragging my hard drive right now, but as soon as it's done, I'll make up a list of what I have for you. I'm not really interested in getting any more unless you've got something you'd heavily recommend, but I'd be glad to email, upload, or send anything/everything over aim.

El Fugitivo

There's a pretty good amount of Pratchett books on Soulseek (in txt, rtf, pdf, htm, doc, and audiobook formats). Most of them are txt though, and I know you're not wild about that, but it's worth checking out.

J

Jet Set Willy

Yeah, I know, I was queued though. That's why I posted this.

Nick

I'm glad I decided to come for a visit, otherwise I would have not seen this thread.

Waz is right, I've got quite a collection, about 1,000. Most of them are .txt files, but I suspect a few are PDF and Word Format.

I would be more then glad to share them. If I could make an HTML folder listing somehow, I would post it here so everyone can have a look through it.

Here's the FTP: ftp://public:public@24.193.33.36/

It's going to be on untill about midnight today, and usually I'll turn it on when I wake up, aside from weekends, that's 7AM EST or so. And on untill the end of the day. I'll do this for about a week.

J

Jet Set Willy

Okay, I managed to grab them all. Thanks!

You know what's REALLY DAMN FREAKY? My Pratchett collection is identical to yours, right down to the very last file. Perhaps it was you who I downloaded them off on Soulseek? Or maybe it's just a common set of files.

The Hedgehog

EDIT: Nevermind. Admin/Mod delete this post.

The Hedgehog

Didn't notice he had them, I was looking under Orson, not Card.

The Hedgehog

Bump - I'm looking for Mil Millington eBooks. Anyone know where I can find them?

J

Jet Set Willy

Heh, you made the classic mistake of thinking that this is the "What are you listening to right now?" thread.

KidneyKai

Whoops. Wonder why i thought ''I'm looking for Mil Millington eBooks. Anyone know where I can find them?'' was a song. My brain is fried. Too much maths. Although since i'm in this thread, does anyone have the discworld series? I used to love those books a few years ago. Wonder why i stopped reading them...

J

Jet Set Willy

I did, then I lost them again recently. They're quite easy to find though. I was re-reading Men At Arms (the actual book version) yesterday. It's one of my favourites in the series.