FF8 on ePSXe problem running

FFTMaster7

Noob w/ePSXe
hi,kinda new here,anyways.....
i have the final fantasy 8 disk i try to use but it won't get past the opening sequence,any help?
using petes opengl video
(i think thats the only problem)

mhl12

try ripping to an ISO. It's usually smoother. If you're running on a older pc with, I would recommend Peops soft driver instead.

FFTMaster7

Noob w/ePSXe
what program would you recommend for ripping? im using alcohol 120%

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
what program would you recommend for ripping? im using alcohol 120%
best if we stay on native formats, btw, I'd highly Recommend Blindread and Isobuster :)

if you're still having problems with the opening seq, try peops soft driver [as mhl mentioned]

tick the speedup mdecs on the petes opengl settings [on/off] test which works

FFTMaster7

Noob w/ePSXe
okay i found out all i needed to do was clean the cd (used hairgel method), but now i have another problem....the battle menu curser won't show up:mad: :dry: :bow:

DarkSide

Im playing ff8 on emurayden but i have good and bad newz :D the good is that the game fast and all that, the bad is that it has some errors, when you able the ``boost`` option you CANT see the percentage number, gliches on the battle menu, the rest is all good. :)

edit: I KNOW IT SUCK BUT I WASNT BE ABLE TO PLAY ON EPSXE, but i was dying to play that game so its no big deal, if you are desperated like i was thats your option.

Last edited:

FFTMaster7

Noob w/ePSXe
okay i downloaded p.e.o.p and it runs amazingly, but i don't have the battle menu....which fix should i use if i need to use one?

montpics

Try to mess with the configuration (yep, I mean P.E.Op.S GPU's config.) until you get a better one. :)

FFTMaster7

Noob w/ePSXe
i found out the problem......
the frame skipping made the game 'turn it off' so to speak to speed the game up. thx to all the guys that helped me out:) :p :D