Help with PSP Emulation

Aqib

Hey guys, Aqib here again, back from intensive vacationing and now back to boring college life. :p

How's everyone? montepics? still chillin? :D

Onto the issue, I have just bought a PSP, and I've updated the firmware to 3.10.

What I would like to know is that, can I play PSX/ISO games on it? Do I need to downgrade or anything?

Please help, I've read the other topics but they talk about downgrading from version 2.71, while I'm at version 3.10 right now.....I dont know how I should go about doing that.

I'll check back, gotta love this forum. :eek:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Sorry maye 3.10 is the the only firmware version that can be downgraded. Recently a 3.03 came out then sony released 3.10 which has patched the exploit.

You can still play PSX games on your PSP but the only way is download from the playstation network through a PS3.

If sony releases newer firmware versions try not to update as with each upgrade it becomes harder for the people hacking the psp to exploit it.

Aqib

Ah I see, I had read here before about the PSP stuff, but forgot.....darn.

How about those emulators on the front page, like the Sega and the MAME? can I play those on the PSP?

The mame one I'd wanna see working. =D

Thanks for your reply TchuBacha, really appreciate the info.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Ah I see, I had read here before about the PSP stuff, but forgot.....darn.

How about those emulators on the front page, like the Sega and the MAME? can I play those on the PSP?

The mame one I'd wanna see working. =D

Thanks for your reply TchuBacha, really appreciate the info.

There are alot of emulators that work at playable speeds for the PSP.

There are emulators for every console that came out before the n64 playstation era.

Theres is an N64 emulator for the PSP but it doesnt emulate games at playable speeds yet. The Playstation emulator for the PSP is a hacked version for the Emulator Sony have made which either runs games 100% perfectly with saving or it doesnt run them at all.

Ive havent used a MAME emulator on my PSP but i tihnk the one that is out can play a few games but isnt as advanced as the PC equivalant.

Aqib

Ahh I see, but I dont need to downgrade the firmware or anything in order to run the MAME one right?

I wanted to check and see if Marvel Vs Capcom works on it....would be nice.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Ahh I see, but I dont need to downgrade the firmware or anything in order to run the MAME one right?

I wanted to check and see if Marvel Vs Capcom works on it....would be nice.

3.10 cant run any homebrew. Emulators will only work on 1.0, 1.5, 2.00-2.8 bu using the eLoader, and the custom firmwares.

If you want to run homebrew youll have to wait for a downgrader to come out so you can downgrade to 1.5 or for an eLoader.

The only way 3.10 can run homebrew is if an exploit is found in 3.10 which there hasnt yet. People are working on cracking 3.10.

Aqib

Homebrew?.......

I mean the MAME folder I download from here, Emulator Zone, it had a EBOOT file in it and a txt file...nothing about a homebrew.....

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Homebrew?.......

I mean the MAME folder I download from here, Emulator Zone, it had a EBOOT file in it and a txt file...nothing about a homebrew.....

That MAME emulator is homebrew. Homebrew is software that has been created by hobbists.

All sony created software (EBOOT.PBP) are signed/encypted by Sony. Later firmwares such as 3.10 can only run signed/encypted software. That MAME emulator can only run on 1.5 because 1.5 can run unsigned/non-encrypted EBOOTs.