Error in Cassini.

y8i

Hello.

I'm using Cassini v1.00, but when I click on Run CUE/BIN and select the .cue file it says "Error while try to fin *.BIN". I got a BIOS file (euro.bin) and the ISO I selected has two files (.bin and .cue), while Cassini only recornizes the .cue one.

Suggestions on how to fix this, anyone ?

montpics

The bios for Cassini should be EURO.BIN, as you mentioned earlier while *.bin and *.cue found as CD image file. Don't delete *.bin file. Instead, mount the image with *.cue by using Daemon-Tools. :cool:

y8i

Just did that. It says "Unable to mount image. File not accessible." Only shows the *.cue file.

EDIT: After I installed Deamon Tools, my harddrive E:\ is gone, know how to get it back ?

Last edited:

montpics

How about system restore? Weird as I'd never cross with that problem before after I personally install DT (not the latest one though).

Anyway, you can edit the name of the *.bin file by open the *.cue file using Notepad. Rename the *.bin with the exact name. (Hope you can get my meaning.) :)

y8i

The *.cue and the *.bin have exactly the same filename, so I guess that isn't the problem.

montpics

The *.cue and the *.bin have exactly the same filename, so I guess that isn't the problem.
Try to open the *.cue file with Notepad first and see if it's the same filename for *.bin. Better try than doing nothing, right? :)

y8i

Tried that. *.bin file couldn't be opened in Notepad due to file size (647.967 kB). Same thing for other text programs. As for *.cue it says this:

FILE "PDSAGA1.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
INDEX 01 60:59:23
TRACK 03 AUDIO
INDEX 00 61:07:60
INDEX 01 61:09:60

montpics

Tried that. *.bin file couldn't be opened in Notepad due to file size (647.967 kB). Same thing for other text programs. As for *.cue it says this:

FILE "PDSAGA1.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
INDEX 01 60:59:23
TRACK 03 AUDIO
INDEX 00 61:07:60
INDEX 01 61:09:60
Then rename PDSAGA1.BIN to the exact name as the filename for the *.BIN in that *.cue file. :)

Example :
You find the filename for both '*.cue' and '*.bin' is '01.cue' and '01.bin'.

Then open the 01.cue with Notepad and you will find it is written as the same as the quote given above.

Rename the name 'PDSAGA1.BIN' to '01.BIN' and save. After that, mount the '01.cue' file with Daemon-Tools. :cool:

y8i

That did it. The emulation itself works fine now. But when I run the ISO I get the SEGA splashscreen (with sound) and after that a screen with 9 buttons and japanese characters. Can't really figure how I should get past this.

montpics

You still have one more to go before passing those screen. You only need to change the Region to either Europe/Japan or USA. (You need to test one by one, but normally changing it to Europe would solve it.) :)

y8i

Tried both USA and Europe. Text is still in japanese and when I quit Cassini and start it again, the region options are set to the defaults (Region Japan, "Force Region" off). The "Check CUE correctness" is also enabled, not sure if that matters.

montpics

Tried both USA and Europe. Text is still in japanese and when I quit Cassini and start it again, the region options are set to the defaults (Region Japan, "Force Region" off). The "Check CUE correctness" is also enabled, not sure if that matters.
Sorry if I'm bother, but could you post a screenshot where you found that kind of problem using Cassini?

Secondly, which version did you use?

Need some refreshments...... :p

montpics

Cassini 1.0.....

Then you set the region to Europe (or other) and then quit, start again, see whether if it give any changes at all on the region. (actually a common bug for Cassini 1.0) Run and see how it turns out. :)

montpics

Will give you a feedback once I retest the emulator.

Note : The later version of Cassini is almost the same as this one but many utilities being added.

montpics

Updated :
Done with Cassini with recently obtained game.

1. Open an application. Sega Saturn's BIOS should be EURO.bin placed in the same folder.
2. Change the 'CD-ROM Drive Select' to a actual drive.
3. 'Auto choose CUE/BIN region' and 'Check CUE correctness' are activated by default under Region options. So I just leave it and change the Region to Europe/Japan instead. (you can test with other Regions)
4. Click on 'Run CD'.

This is how I did last night to make it work. :)