ff9 iso not working

belteshazzar293

hi,
im trying to run an ff9 iso on epsxe and the bar at the bottom of the screen where you enter battle commands isnt showing up. i can select different things but i cant see what im selecting. is the problem with the emulator or the iso?
thanks,
another newbie

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
You should try enabling the special game fix in the Video plugin.

Click Config>>Video>>Configure Tab

Right above where it says NICE and FAST youll see "Special Game Fixes"
Click the 3 dotted button next to it. Then Check the box next to "G4 Polygon Cache."

Everything should be fine after that.

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Ughh....
The only things i ever had to do with FF9 were that and the
Special game fix for the sound.

Sorry dude.. Try experimenting with diff plugins.

mhl12

it works fine on for me.. what are you comp specs?

montpics

Test the game with 'Fast' setting which can be found in either Pete's GPU or P.E.Op.S GPU plugin. And don't forget to set the FPS to 60 FPS in the same configuration as well. :)

belteshazzar293

so i forgot to read the faq for petes gpu... this is first question on it... lol
anyway "fast" settings have the offscreen drawing at level 1. when i bumped it up to level 2 i could see the missing box, but its all white. same thing for level 3. at the highest level its now flickering between white and what it should be. i can see enough to play the game now, but the flickering is really annoying. any ideas on clearing it up?

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
I think (but am not certain) that if you use P.E.O.P.S OpenGL, and set the resolution to native, it should make FF9 run perfectly, I think.

belteshazzar293

i tired switching to petes opengl and the emulator basically stopped working... it couldnt get past "published by square electronic arts llc"(the first thing that comes up). i dont think my computer can handle it.