Epsxe160, and errors with certain games...

spasticman

Munchymonsta
Hi, i've just been playing some of my games on my epsxe160, via iso's, but some games have a few difficulties.
ToyStory Racer doesn't even start, once started, the sound will garble, and repetitive sounds start sounding. For example. Hi I... This i... Wooh... and it doesn't stop. The screen also remains black... Catchy it may be, but i still need some help. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets gets into the movie sequence, but then starts looping sound and video, I can't skip it.
And lastly, Tomb Raider loads the menu, loads the movies, but just before I start playing the game, the screen goes black, and nothing happens.
Can I get some help with this please?:wacko:

spasticman

Munchymonsta
Hey, I just downloaded PSX_1_9.rar, unrarred it, and tried opening it, but it said that "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_26.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I know where to get d3dx9_26.dll, but where should i put it?

spasticman

Munchymonsta
Well, I got the file, and it works now, but I still can't seem to run Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. It only gets to the movie (the book reading thing) and starts looping itself. Any way to get rid of it, or is it a problem in my burning? I used CloneCD to burn my image, and nothing went wrong, until now.:confused:

montpics

Hi, i've just been playing some of my games on my epsxe160, via iso's, but some games have a few difficulties.
ToyStory Racer doesn't even start, once started, the sound will garble, and repetitive sounds start sounding. For example. Hi I... This i... Wooh... and it doesn't stop. The screen also remains black... Catchy it may be, but i still need some help. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets gets into the movie sequence, but then starts looping sound and video, I can't skip it.
And lastly, Tomb Raider loads the menu, loads the movies, but just before I start playing the game, the screen goes black, and nothing happens.
Can I get some help with this please?:wacko:
I don't know about other games but I tested Tomb Raider with no trouble at all. Since all the games are in ISOs, there is a possibility that it had been corrupted on some part. Try to make an image again if you can play the game with the actual CD. :cool:

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Every game you get in ISO IMG or BIN format is gonna have a few errors in it.
Sometimes the error will be something really small that you wont even notice,
sometimes it will crash the game or loop it back. As mont said try making another see if it works.

spasticman

Munchymonsta
Hey again, yeah the problem with harry potter and tomb raider was the burning, and now they work, but not toy story racer. It works with the cd, but not with the iso, the same error still occurs. The disk is in perfect condition, so i'm not sure where the burning problem could occur...